DUPE: Using iRig Stomp I/O & AmpliTube into an Amp w/fx loop

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

DUPE: Using iRig Stomp I/O & AmpliTube into an Amp w/fx loop

Postby crhoades » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:56 pm

***I’m not sure if this fits better in the interface sub-forum or the AmpliTube Software sub-forum so I double-posted. If a moderator needs to kill one - please do so.***

Goal: To use I-Rig Stomp I/O + Amplitube Software (MAC) + an actual amp (Fender Blues Deluxe Re-issue) and make use of the effects loop/inserts on the actual amp.

Not sure if 1. It can already be done. 2. Changes need to happen in the Software. 3. Changes need to be done in the hardware firmware. 4. Both 2 & 3. 5. Yeah…not gonna happen.

In my non-amp setup, I output to I-Loud Micro Monitors with the software and the stomp and in order to put various stomp effects post pre-amp, I can put a delay, chorus etc. into the signal chain as Insert A which is what it was designed for.

On the Blues deluxe amp, it has the ability for an effects loop so if I was using all physical pedals, I could put overdrives before the amp and put the same chorus, etc. in the effects loop.

What I would like to do is use the AmpliTube software and have one output L on the rear of the I-rig Stomp have a discreet output for the stomp fx and have that signal go into my amp input. Have another cord running out of output R and have that go into my effects loop and only carry the signal from the insert A. I would then turn the amp off in the software so it is only carrying the pedals’ signals into the amp so that I don’t have a secondary amp coloring the signal and am really only using it as a pedal board.

Is this possible? Should it be? Am I brilliant? Crazy? Stupid? Has this been asked before and I didn’t search the forum well?

Thanks for your consideration.
crhoades

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling