Not getting good guitar sounds using amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Not getting good guitar sounds using amplitube

Postby Mahowhiar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 am

Hey i have a good guitar(77 Starcaster). I have the 002 rack

I plug the guitar directly in the back in one of the preamps

I can never get a good sound using amplitube.

Any tips. Do you have to change all the settings in amplitube to get a decent sound...

Ill post an example later.

Thanks.
Last edited by Mahowhiar on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mahowhiar

Re: Not getting good guitar sounds using amplitube

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Please make sure you are using an Instrument/Hi-Z input. That would be a likely issue if you are plugging into a standard input/preamp that would result is less-than-optimal sound.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi Mahowhiar.

Peter_IK is right on this one. Unfortunately, the Digi 002 Rack doesn't have inputs set-up to accept instrument level signals.

You could try plugging you guitar into a XLR input via a DI box first, if you've got one. If you haven't, buying one will certainly be cheaper than getting a new interface.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Andrzej71 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:21 am

Hi

Looking at 002 Rack specification which I found on web it says:

A-D and D-A: 24-bit at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sample rates.

This is I'm thinking where the problem is - I had IRig with similar sample rate and whatever I did the sound wasn't satisfying, clean was OKish, any distortion was just abuse for my ears. This was really frustrating because people were writing about great sounds they achieved with amplitube and I couldn't just get almost anything but dull clean sound.

After I started to use converter with max sample rate 192kHz everything changed and guitar sounds great, I'm not an expert in sound business, I can only say that I spot sample rate difference and the change it makes to the sound I'm playing.
Andrzej71

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling