Gear Credits question [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Gear Credits question [Resolved]

Postby Mozzeryguts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:00 am

Yesterday I discovered I have 45 Gear Credits. I had no idea these things even existed. Is there a way I can see how I earned them? And how do I earn more?

And might I suggest that the existence of these credits are made apparent outside of the Custom Shop. In the profile page or next to / alongside Jampoints maybe. If I chose to purchase from the main online store I wouldn't even know I had this discount available (they don't seem to be usable in the online store) If they are in my account details I can't see them.

Oh, and thanks for them :)
Mozzeryguts

Re: Gear Credits question

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Mozzeryguts and welcome to the forum.

I reckon your Gear Credits have built up over a number of free giveaways from IK. For example, you get some free when you open an account and they have been giving them out for previous IKM birthday celebrations, that kind of thing.

Earning them is a bit of a misnomer - sometimes you get free ones, but otherwise you can buy gear credits which in in turn you can spend in the Custom Shop. It often works out better value to invest in gear credits for buying gear and there have been occasions where IKM put them on special offer when you can buy one, get one free.

As for making them visible in a User account - that's not a bad idea. Perhaps you can open a ticket with official support and let them know your idea.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Mozzeryguts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks for the reply garfy, much appreciated :)
Mozzeryguts

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:05 pm

No problem at all.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling