Anyone know which amp this is based on?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Anyone know which amp this is based on?

Postby Robertremando » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi, I am hoping that someone knows which amp this amplitube amp is based on. It is the first amp you see when you install amplitube, looks like a Marshall copy of some sort. The url picture is below. If anyone knows, please let me know because this amp model works so well for me as a rhythm player. Thanks in advance :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=amplitube+lead+amp+iphone&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj7peH83vDiAhVCmp4KHRKXAiUQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=amplitube+lead+amp+iphone&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3...36548.46504..48820...0.0..1.293.1553.0j5j3......0....1.........30i10.uk2-f7lF00Q&ei=qqUHXfuoDMK0-gSSroqoAg&bih=560&biw=360&client=ms-android-rogers-ca&prmd=sinv#imgrc=cFchcXDR3qH-VM
Robertremando

Re: Anyone know which amp this is based on?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:56 pm

The Lead amp? 1980s-era Marshall JCM800
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Robertremando » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Thank you! I kind of figured it was something like that but wasnt exactly sure. Thanks for filling me in!
Robertremando

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Robertremando wrote:Thank you! I kind of figured it was something like that but wasnt exactly sure. Thanks for filling me in!

No problem! Even though I love the emulations, I regret selling my real 1980s Marshall JCM800 :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Robertremando » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Yeah I would love to have one. I'm playing on a piece of pop peavey bandit, so the emulation makes it sound so much better. I did try an OCD pedal for gain and found it very similar in gain.
Robertremando

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Robertremando wrote:Yeah I would love to have one. I'm playing on a piece of pop peavey bandit, so the emulation makes it sound so much better. I did try an OCD pedal for gain and found it very similar in gain.

OCD is a fine pedal (both in real life and emulated). For a nice real-world "Marshall in a box" pedal that works well in front of fairly clean amps, I like the Marshall Guv'nor but that is not exactly cheap if I recall since it may no longer be in production. We also emulate that in AmpliTube as the Ambass'dor by the way.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling