A few questions about the standalone app

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

A few questions about the standalone app

Postby FreyaManibrandr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:22 am

Is there a way to control which output the mentronome clicks go to?

What is the pound symbol here and what does it do?
Image

How do I get the ASIO mode to work with it? And how do I reduce the latency? It seems to have a pretty big delay and it's throwing me off. Could it be a result of DirectSound being the only available device?
FreyaManibrandr
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello valkyrieproductions and welcome to the forum.

valkyrieproductions wrote:Is there a way to control which output the mentronome clicks go to?


Unfortunately not.

valkyrieproductions wrote:What is the pound symbol here and what does it do?


No idea. Seems to do nothing and there's nothing in the user manual about it. Maybe someone will chime in who knows.....

valkyrieproductions wrote:How do I get the ASIO mode to work with it? And how do I reduce the latency? It seems to have a pretty big delay and it's throwing me off. Could it be a result of DirectSound being the only available device?


What sound card/interface are you using? If it doesn't have its own ASIO drivers then using ASIO-4-ALL is recommended and should help with latency issues, as long as your computer is up to the job.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby FreyaManibrandr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:15 pm

garfy wrote:
valkyrieproductions wrote:How do I get the ASIO mode to work with it? And how do I reduce the latency? It seems to have a pretty big delay and it's throwing me off. Could it be a result of DirectSound being the only available device?


What sound card/interface are you using? If it doesn't have its own ASIO drivers then using ASIO-4-ALL is recommended and should help with latency issues, as long as your computer is up to the job.


My interface is the Roland SD-50
FreyaManibrandr
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:43 pm

FreyaManibrandr wrote:My interface is the Roland SD-50


Ok, so if the interface came with a disc then you'll need to see what drivers there are to install. If not, then have a look on their website for up-to-date drivers.

If there are no ASIO drivers then ASIO4ALL will be your best bet. http://www.asio4all.org
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby FreyaManibrandr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:45 pm

garfy wrote:
FreyaManibrandr wrote:My interface is the Roland SD-50


Ok, so if the interface came with a disc then you'll need to see what drivers there are to install. If not, then have a look on their website for up-to-date drivers.

If there are no ASIO drivers then ASIO4ALL will be your best bet. http://www.asio4all.org


The drivers are there, it's installed, it works just fine in my DAW. Not sure why it has an issue with the standalone app.
FreyaManibrandr
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:50 pm

FreyaManibrandr wrote:The drivers are there


Yes, but are they ASIO drivers? You mentioned DirectSound drivers and nothing else.

FreyaManibrandr wrote:it works just fine in my DAW


So, you're not getting any latency problems in your DAW when using AT4?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby FreyaManibrandr » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:12 am

garfy wrote:
FreyaManibrandr wrote:The drivers are there


Yes, but are they ASIO drivers? You mentioned DirectSound drivers and nothing else.


Yeah they were the only ones that work with the standalone app.

FreyaManibrandr wrote:it works just fine in my DAW


So, you're not getting any latency problems in your DAW when using AT4?


I will need to test this.
FreyaManibrandr
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: A few questions about the standalone app

Postby garfy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:25 am

FreyaManibrandr wrote:Yeah they were the only ones that work with the standalone app.


ASIO4ALL works with the standalone app and is recommended by IKM if your interface doesn't come with its own ASIO driver, as it is a universal driver.

I would recommend you open a ticket with official IK Support so they can guide you through the process if you need them to https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK


Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling