Leslie stop-to-front option?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Leslie stop-to-front option?

Postby ghagilaris » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 am

Just trying out a demo of the AmpliTube Leslie (the 122 amp/cab for now). Is there any option to break the rotors to face the mics? I love how much this thing sounds like my real Leslie but not being able to control the stopped position might be a deal breaker. (With a real Leslie, I'll actually reposition the stopped horn with my hand if it's too muffled. And many Leslie emulators come with a front stop option now.)
ghagilaris

Re: Leslie stop-to-front option?

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 pm

I do not believe there is control for the "Stop Position" on the Leslie models in AmpliTube or T-RackS. While I can pass along your interest in this topic to the team, I would suggest checking out the different controls in CAB room. The in-depth controls here should help avoid a signal every being too muffled or sounding outside of what you're thinking.

Go to the CAB room and when you have Leslie models loaded, notice the icon which appears under the MIXER button. This will be used for in-depth Leslie controls. This section includes controls for Mic Distance, Slow/Fast Max/Min speeds, Acceleration/Deceleration speeds, as well as volume/pan control for the Horn and Drum (Separately) with additional EQ controls available as well.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Leslie stop-to-front option?

Postby ghagilaris » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:08 am

Thanks for the reply. The mic distance setting is subtle. Even at max of 10, the mics are not moved that far away (e.g. you can still hear plenty of stereo separation with the rotating rotors). I tried playing with the EQ and I tried different CAB rooms. The only thing that helped to smooth out the frequency differences in the rotor positions was to significantly bring up the ambient room sound in the mix but then the overall sound is just too wet.

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be resolved by anything other than a stop option that will bring the top 'real' horn and bottom drum scoop to face the mics (or even better, a user-settable position). This is what a number of rotary emulators do. It's a shame because other than that, it sounds fantastic.
ghagilaris

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling