Registrations & alternate computers

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Registrations & alternate computers

Postby riecungi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:41 am

Hi,
I own Amplitube Max and my account tells me I have nine registrations remaining. I’m not really sure what this means. Does it mean I can install it on nine different computers (not that I want to)? Or does it mean if my computer crashes eight times I will have one more chance to install?

I now have a second computer with a different DAW installed that I want to install Amplitube Max on. Can I do this?
riecungi

Re: Registrations & alternate computers

Postby garfy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:27 am

Hi riecungi

riecungi wrote:Or does it mean if my computer crashes eight times I will have one more chance to install?

This is what it means. However, if you do manage to use all of your authorisations through crashes or just getting new computers, you can contact Support who can reinstate new authorisations at their discretion.

riecungi wrote:I now have a second computer with a different DAW installed that I want to install Amplitube Max on. Can I do this?

It is perfectly acceptable to install IKM software on your second computer as long as you adhere to what the EULA says about multiple installations:

Point 2 states you "...may install and use the “IK Multimedia Product”, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the licensee; (b) the program(s) shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, and (c) any computer(s) with IK Multimedia software installed shall not be sold, rented, leased, loaned or otherwise be removed from the licensee’s possession without first removing (uninstalling) the licensed software, except as provided in Paragraph 4 (below) pertaining to “Software Transfer”.

Hope that clarifies.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling