Upgrading from Amplitube 3 to 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrading from Amplitube 3 to 4

Postby ak1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:26 am

I have and am still using version 3 (32bit) with Studio One v.2 and it is quite stable.
I also have the Fender suite. Upgrading Studio One to latest will force me to use 64bit plugins so I am thinking that it might be time to upgrade to Amplitube 4.

Do I need to pay to upgrade to 4?

Also do I get to keep the Fender suite or I need to upgrade that separately.

Sonically, I have no qualms, usually load my own IRs at the end of the chain, as I felt the speaker part of 3 is lacking... but I wonder if ver. 4 will provide more amps, etc? Not particularly that interested in the speakers but would be nice to get those updated as well.

Anyone know where there is a comparison apples to apples as to what ver. 4 offers over ver. 3?

Thanks in advance!
ak1

Re: Upgrading from Amplitube 3 to 4

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:54 pm

You get AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop for free - it has a fe gear models and you should be able to use all your current gear models. Including Fender.

Or you can purchase a licence for one of the AmpliTube 4 products, depending on which new gear you want.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4/ describes a lot of what's new. And https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4/index.php?p=gear lists the gear models.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ak1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 pm

So what you're saying, Custom Shop automatically syncs up with my current licenses and lets me use these amps? I don't particularly care about the new ones which seem like few more Marshall sims.
Maybe I should first try install on spare PC and see if that breaks anything and then proceed...
ak1

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Almost.

AT4 Custom Shop is free, but comes with its own Serial Number. Yes it should pick up your existing gear models (open CS, login, and select [Gear} >> Restore my gear). You will need to be online to use CS.

Also, AT4 does not overwrite AT3. They can be used side-by-side.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:29 pm

You must be online to use Custom Shop but once you log in and restore your gear, you can use any purchased gear with or without an internet connection. Just to clarify.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ak1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:16 am

Thanks for the clarification. So I should be all good to go up a version.
ak1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling