Amplitube on MacBook Pro fails to generate sound [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube on MacBook Pro fails to generate sound [Resolved]

Postby richardsun » Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 pm

When using Amplitube on my MacBook Pro (2017 with 4 Thunderbolt ports, macOS Mojave 10.14.4) with Stomp I/O, I am unable to get Amplitube to generate audio. The audio lights to the right of the Gain knob on the Stomp I/O show that Stomp I/O is getting a signal from my bass or guitar. But the Amplitube input indicators don't light up to show that it is receiving the input. And no audio is produced when I play my connected instrument.

The Mac does recognize the Stomp I/O. I have tried this with two Audio Midi configurations and neither one succeeds:
1) using Stomp I/O for the input and output, and connecting a headphone to the Stomp I/O headphone jack.
2) using Stomp I/O for input and built-in audio for output and connecting a headphone to the Mac.

I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing Amplitube.

There are two other scenarios that do work as expected:
1) Amplitube for iOS with Stomp I/O.
2) GarageBand for Mac with Stomp I/O (no Amplitube).
richardsun

Re: Amplitube on MacBook Pro fails to generate sound

Postby garfy » Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 am

Hi richardsun

Have you checked the privacy settings in Mojave? Recent updates have meant that you have to give apps access to "Microphone" which solves some issues including interfaces.

Open System Settings>Security & Privacy and click on the Privacy tab. Down the left-hand side you should see "Microphone." Highlight that and tick to allow apps access.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby richardsun » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 am

garfy wrote:Have you checked the privacy settings in Mojave? Recent updates have meant that you have to give apps access to "Microphone" which solves some issues including interfaces.

Open System Settings>Security & Privacy and click on the Privacy tab. Down the left-hand side you should see "Microphone." Highlight that and tick to allow apps access.

Hope that helps.

Thanks garfy! Microphone was off for Amplitube and a couple of other apps that need it. Turning it on solved this issue.
richardsun

Postby garfy » Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 am

Great stuff, glad to hear you've got it sorted.

As this post is resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling