Amplitube's Looper, do you use it ? how ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube's Looper, do you use it ? how ?

Postby rsommerv » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:21 pm

An old thread but I'll just chip in in case someone else is looking for similar info. I use the looper controlled by a Line6 FBV Express MkII. It's a great compact unit with 4 foot switches and an expression pedal. I use it for ambient guitar so I have 4 loops to play with and can do volume swells with the expression pedal.

I stumbled across this thread trying to find if anyone knew of a physical pedal with equivalent functionality to the Amplitube looper.
rsommerv

Postby RafaFH » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:11 am

Hi I am new to using AT on an iPad.

I know this is an old thread, but I think it's the right thing to ask here.

I have an old Ipad Air from 2013 and the Looper is not working well. It cuts and saturates, it lags, it's like too much work for the iPad.

I know it is an old iPad but I did not imagine so many problems, on YouTube there is a video demonstration of the amplitube Looper with an iPhone 5 and it works smoothly.

Is there any configuration on the ipad or amplitube possible or should I change the ipad for a more modern one?

Thank you
RafaFH

Postby GeorgeAlexandre1807 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:28 am

Hi, can you help me? I have a MIDI Mello Audio controller and I use Amplitube on the Ipad. I need to use the lopper but when I read the command only the number 127 is read. So I have to press the controller button twice to pause or stop. How can the app read the number 0 and 127 of my button at the same time? Did you understand?
GeorgeAlexandre1807

Postby iC3N1_ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi, can you help me? I have a MIDI Melo Audio controller and I use Amplitube on the Ipad. I need to use the lopper but when I read the command only the number 127 is read. So I have to press the controller button twice to pause or stop. How can the app read the number 0 and 127 of my button at the same time? Did you understand?

Hi! Not going to be a lot of help - but I've struggled with the Melo Audio controller from the day I got it. It never _quite_ does what I want it to and I've never succeeded in getting it to work adequately with the Ableton looper or the Amplitube looper which is sad.

There is a firmware update to the Melo Audio which is a total PITA to install but does offer momentary switching rather than latching. HERE: https://meloaudio.com/pages/manual

I've all but given up with the Melo Audio, hence why I've revisited this thread (may go for the Line 6 controller mentioned earlier).
iC3N1_

Postby j4k-msc » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:44 am

I can't use AT looper because —for some unknown reason— it is not available in VST version and for any professional use in studio or live I need to use AT as plugin inside a DAW.

To make AT Looper really usable, it should be included in VST as a pedal that could be placed freely anywhere in the signal chain. And even in multiple instances just like any other pedal.
j4k-msc

Postby GeorgeAlexandre1807 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:44 pm

Hey man!!! Thankkkkkssss! It works perfectly! Tks so much!

iC3N1_ wrote:

Hi, can you help me? I have a MIDI Melo Audio controller and I use Amplitube on the Ipad. I need to use the lopper but when I read the command only the number 127 is read. So I have to press the controller button twice to pause or stop. How can the app read the number 0 and 127 of my button at the same time? Did you understand?

Hi! Not going to be a lot of help - but I've struggled with the Melo Audio controller from the day I got it. It never _quite_ does what I want it to and I've never succeeded in getting it to work adequately with the Ableton looper or the Amplitube looper which is sad.

There is a firmware update to the Melo Audio which is a total PITA to install but does offer momentary switching rather than latching. HERE: https://meloaudio.com/pages/manual

I've all but given up with the Melo Audio, hence why I've revisited this thread (may go for the Line 6 controller mentioned earlier).
GeorgeAlexandre1807

Postby rsommerv » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:32 am

Just to clarify, I use the Line 6 pedal with a PC, I never thought to try it with an ipad, but now I see the responses here I'm going to get the hardware and try it.
rsommerv

Postby rsommerv » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:03 am

So, I bought an apple camera connector kit and a small powered USB hub and I can confirm the Line 6 FBV Express works well to control the ipad looper. The only setup aside from connecting the actions to midi signals was I had to use the Line 6 control app on the PC to change my buttons from Toggle to Momentary, probably that's the correct setting for the PC too but Toggle worked on the PC so I didn't change it.

The expression pedal of the FBV Express works nicely too.

The only issue I have specifically with the looper now is I can't find out how to delete a single loop, it looks like you can only delete all 4.

Edit*
No the Momentary setting is not correct for the PC it needs to be Toggle or the loop only records while you hold the button down. This looks like a problem on the Ipad to me but at least it works, it just means I have to load PC or ipad specific config into the pedal.
rsommerv

Postby rsommerv » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am

additional info, swipe a single loop up to delete just that loop
rsommerv

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling