Adat.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Adat.

Postby deepsman » Wed May 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi.
Is anyone successfully using adat connections with amplitube 4?

Thanks.
deepsman

Re: Adat.

Postby garfy » Wed May 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi deepsman

Can you give a little more detail to your query. What/how are you trying to connect via ADAT?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby deepsman » Wed May 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi again garfy.
I have a firewire interface that connects my hardware recorder to pc via adat.
All other software works perfectly apart from amplitube. Amplitube lets me select the adat in and out, but there is no signal. I was wondering if anyone was using adat connections, with maybe an older version of 4.
deepsman

Postby garfy » Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 am

Thanks deepsman.

I'm guessing you're sending already recorded tracks from your hardware recorder to be effected in AT4? The only things I can suggest is checking that things like sample rates are the same throughout the signal chain and your ADAT lights are all showing as locked (I'm guessing to the hardware recorder's clock?)

It's quite a niche thing you're trying to do so I would suggest opening a ticket with IK Support for some one-to-one help in case no one comes up with some advice.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
garfy

Postby deepsman » Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks garfy.
Yes you are right. I don't use a software DAW. The pc is mainly used for things like
Amplitube. I wrote to support about 3 weeks ago. I've since had one reply.

I sort of get what you say about it being a niche way of doing things, but Amplitube comes as
a standalone software and Adat is still a popular way of connecting. Besides that, I don't have the same problem with any other software. Because Amplitube is my goto amp software, I first thought the problem was my interface. After many uninstalls - re installs with no joy, I was ready to dump the Interface. As a last thought before I dumped it, I tried it with other amp software and it works perfectly. That also rules out any settings problem, as it wouldn't work with any software if the settings were wrong.

Hopefully they will get back to me soon to resolve the problem. Or at least some kind or work around.
deepsman

Postby garfy » Thu May 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Have you ever had it running with AT in this way?

I'm sure support should be able to give you some guidance. You could do two things:
1) Reply to your ticket stating that you are still waiting for a solution. This will reopen the case and they will reply.
2) If you are not happy with the response (or non-response) so far, you should PM your ticket number to either Peter_IK or Ryan_IK who will bump support on your behalf.

I'd be interested to know if and how this gets resolved.
garfy

Postby deepsman » Thu May 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks again garfy.
I will certainly post back to this thread if I have any success.
I have not long ago purchased Fender 2, so eager to try it out.
I'm almost certain I could do the same thing with Amplitube 3, but that was back in the days of
Xp and with a different adat card. Still with my trusty old Akai Dps24 though. Ironically Amplitube 4 being 64bit only, made me upgrade to windows 7 and get rid of my adat card.
The digital age eh? :D
deepsman

Postby deepsman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi garfy.
I said I would let you know if I managed to get things working. I was 100% that it should
work, so I am more pleased than surprised .

Bizarrely and without anything going to the inputs, I opened Amplitube and all the
meters were going crazy. I closed it down and opened it again, and amazingly it now works fine. Only god will know what was going on, but to my delight everything is working as it should be.

Cheers.
deepsman

Postby garfy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Brilliant! That's good to know it's sorted itself out, however it did it :lol:

That is the problem with tech sometimes...mind of its own!

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling