Gear Credit Pack - 25 Credits has been added to My Products

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Gear Credit Pack - 25 Credits has been added to My Products

Postby neurotone » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:10 am

I'm a bit confused if I click on the link I don't see anything referring to Gear Credit Pack - 25 Credits and is this gear credits for Custom Shop? Someone, please explain cuz I don't think they wouldn't give me 25 Gear Credits for Custom shop for buying something that was under $10 from the Custom Shop. Another thing IK you should sync what you buy in Custom Shop and if it's available in AmpliTube for your mobile device being that it is expensive on the computer in Amplitube4. If I bought the Jimi Hendrix pack an AmpliTube 4 that's a pretty penny but I did buy it for my iPad. I did not understand at first why it wasn't showing up in AmpliTube 4 but now I understand there's a big difference in quality. I guess AmpliTube for mobile it's more for on the road practicing tool. AmpliTube 4 for the computer is a big differents. I did buy amplitude4 and to be honest, I was a little let down it doesn't really give you that much more than the free version. Sorry, IK multimedia that's just my opinion but on the other hand, it sounds very decent coming from a person that's been playing analog his whole life well technically some pedals are not analog so you get what I'm saying. One more small rant I have a real Boss digital delay DD-3 on my pedalboard. I almost had to run to the bathroom when I saw what you want to do charge for that effect in the custom shop and it's not even verified by boss based off of the Boss DD-3 come on now. Don't get me wrong your stuff sounds good but some of your stuff in the custom shop is overpriced. You guys are like drug dealers you have me hooked and you know it cuz I'm probably going to buy that f****** paddle based off the Boss digital delay DD-3 anyways lol. So my Gear Credit Pack 25 credits back to the main question so I bought two things and got the email twice so technically that's 50 credits please explain. You do intend to make things confusing like with the Jam points and then you got gear credits. Oh, that reminds me how about storing my credit card I'm tired of entering it in every time I buy something ad that as a feature to your website this is quality feedback trust me. I demand answers and lower prices all in good fun I do enjoy your products I just like to complain.
love Bruce
neurotone

Re: Gear Credit Pack - 25 Credits has been added to My Produ

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 am

Hello Bruce and welcome to the forum.

To begin, by way of an explanation:

Gear Credits - think of these as IK digital currency. You can buy them for €/$ and use them in the Custom Shop (CS). You'll often find that you can get a better deal by buying Gear Credits rather than using standard currency in the CS. Also, IK will sometimes have a special offer where you can buy them at half-price, so it's always good to watch out for that.

Jam Points - think of these as a reward system for purchasing through the CS. You get Jam Points back when you buy gear, which can then be used to get a discount from future purchases - up to a third off I believe.

neurotone wrote:please explain cuz I don't think they wouldn't give me 25 Gear Credits

It's been a while, but I seem to remember getting free Gear Credits for setting up a User Account with IKM, even before I'd purchased anything. If you log in to your Custom Shop app you will hopefully see a message in the top left-hand corner saying "Welcome [username], you have ## credits left" This is so, along with all the free software you get you can also choose something extra for yourself from the CS.

neurotone wrote:Another thing IK you should sync what you buy in Custom Shop and if it's available in AmpliTube for your mobile device being that it is expensive on the computer in Amplitube4

This is not possible I'm afraid as AT for PC/Mac and iOS/Android devices are two separate products, coded differently to each other.

neurotone wrote:One more small rant I have a real Boss digital delay DD-3 on my pedalboard. I almost had to run to the bathroom when I saw what you want to do charge for that effect in the custom shop

Well, this all depends on your perception of the value of something I guess. A hardware DD-3 runs to about $120 at the moment, so the cost in the CS is about a quarter of that price. Yep, it's not like having the real thing in a certain sense, but you only get one of that real thing whereas you can have as many Delay stomps in AT4 as your computer can run/fit on the virtual board.

neurotone wrote:So my Gear Credit Pack 25 credits back to the main question so I bought two things and got the email twice so technically that's 50 credits please explain.

I can't help you with that one I'm afraid. As suggested, log in to your CS app and check what it's telling you there. If you have any problems with this then the best course of action would be to open a ticket with official IK Support for some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Finally, and respectfully, for future posts would you mind breaking up your text into paragraphs please. One big lump of words is quite difficult to read for some and may put people off replying to your posts.

Hopefully this answers all of your questions and is of some help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Gear Credit Pack - 25 Credits has been added to My Produ

Postby neurotone » Wed May 01, 2019 7:53 am

Thanks for the reply sorry for not breaking up my post. I have a problem with that and I really need to attend to. I will get in touch with the support because it still does not show any Gear Credits. I did not realize my digital delay was that expensive it was a gift. And you are right I would much rather pay $25 than $120 thank you for clearing some stuff up thank you.
neurotone

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling