Custom Shop Login Trouble

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop Login Trouble

Postby lordrevan81 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi All -

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I am unable to log into the Custom Shop with my username and password. I can however, log into the website and forum just fine with it. Any ideas?
lordrevan81

Re: Custom Shop Login Trouble

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:23 am

Hello lordrevan81 and welcome to the forum.

That is weird, the same username/password combination should be valid throughout IK's products and forum. Unfortunately, it is something moderators on the forum can't help you with I'm afraid as we do not have access to user's account details.

I would suggest you open a ticket with official IK support who will help you out https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby stateofepicicity » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:19 am

Hey there, I had the same thing happen to me, and I found out the issue: I recommend resetting your password to a short one, no more than eight characters.

I had a really long password that logged me into the main IK page just fine, but I was unable to log into the Custom Shop with the same password. Eventually resetting my password to an eight character password worked to log me in successfully to my IK account, the IK forum, and the Custom shop. Hope this helps!
stateofepicicity

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:43 am

Longer passwords are generally better (less crackable) so if you do use 8 characters make sure that some of them are "odd". Having said that I would contact Support, as garfy suggested, asking about the Custom Shop login. And, if there is a problem, whether it can be improved.t
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby balafon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 am

Existing issue with length and/or complexity of passwords.

Whenever possible, I use 16-character passwords, similar to the *example* below:

waU+\zEXK@3.yQJx

When creating one on the IK Multimedia website, no restrictions are imposed as for its length, and/or the character sets (digits, small letters, capitals, special characters).

Unfortunately, when trying to log in to Authorization Manager, it is always rejected. It is very annoying, because it needs to be typed in -- copy/paste by keyboard and/or mouse don't work. Not user friendly at all. Just adding to the anxiety.

Need to click on FORGOT PASSWORD, then they send a new password, 8-character long, without special characters, and that one works, of course.

Or the website is too permissive, or the Authorization Manager is too restrictive, doesn't matter. The password, once created, *should* perfectly work everywhere, including Custom Shop's login.

To avoid any further trouble for secure-password-minded users, why not just ask the folks at IK's competent staff to be up-to-date against security threats by permitting the use of more complex passwords? It also should be clearly stated, at the *creation* stage, what is the minimum/maximum length, and what characters should be avoided, *if* any.

I have experienced the same hassle with my 2 IK accounts. It is a recurring issue, as seen in the Forum. It's time for it to be resolved once for all, I guess... A little effort, pretty please?
balafon

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 am

Hello balafon and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
with your suggestion (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby balafon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:38 am

Thank you, DarkStar, I will do it soon.
balafon

Postby Heltyca » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:42 pm

I can confirm that you have to had maximum 8 characters password.

I had a long one like this Rh9raFiNN?j+?Du and when I tried to login into custom shop I had always this error Bad username or password :evil:

If I tied to recover the password from the login box of custom shop I sow this error We were not able to complete your request because of an error.
:evil: :evil:

When I changed from user profile I had another error The system was unable to reset your password. Error code : 220 :evil: :evil: :evil:

In the end, when I have read this post, I went to the home page in ikmultimedia and I log out, from that page I requested the new password and everything worked.

This was an agony.
Very thanks to the user that wrote the procedure.
Heltyca

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling