user presets and good crunch sounds

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

user presets and good crunch sounds

Postby dereksas » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Is there somewhere on this forum where users post their presets? I purchased MESA and Slash hoping to find a nice solid crunch/power chords (not metal) that would be comparable to my Vox AC15/GT-10 setup but it seems like all the presets are the same metal-type sounds and most clean sounds are very thin. I'm using a '72 Les Paul Custom and a G&L so I can rule out crappy guitars being the problem. :)

I have been able to make some decent custom presets but very disappointed in the presets that they come with. I don't see how the Slash module presets sound anything like his actual sounds that we are so familiar with. I had a MESA years ago and none of the MESA sim doesn't sound anything like the power crunch I would get from her.

I recently got Waves PRS SuperModels and it outshines the MESA and Slash modules.

I'd just like to hear other user's experiences and thoughts. Maybe some good post production with TRacks 5 will help get me to where I'd like to be. Just disappointed with the "out of box" experience.
dereksas

Re: user presets and good crunch sounds

Postby ambrs57 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 pm

You can find a lot of interesting presets on this Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/253022442104269/
ambrs57

Postby dereksas » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:03 am

ambrs57 wrote:You can find a lot of interesting presets on this Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/253022442104269/

Thanks!
dereksas

Postby byron_dickens » Sun May 12, 2019 2:05 am

You're probably not going to get good Vox sounds out of Marshall and Mesa Boogie sims.
byron_dickens

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling