AmpliTube Experience

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube Experience

Postby Music Fusion » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:43 pm

I bought and IRIG2, as I was intending to use it with my iMac, and Amplitude- which the box stated, it worked with.

The box also said it worked on Mac.

It turns out that AmpliTube would not work on my iMac, The support team and I went to great lengths to try to get it to work. At least 20 or more emails. This included:

Installing and reinstalling countless times
Deleting and installing individual files
Working with permissions
etc.

After doing this for many weeks, to no avail, they suggested that I reinstall the O/S in that sometimes reinstalling an OS might fix these types of issues.

I told them that this was far reaching and a lot to ask. Why would I reinstall my entire O./S - where every other product I have installed works perfectly fine, simply to try to accommodate Amplitude- with no guarantee it would work anyway?

So I told them I would not go that far.

Seeing that we could not get it to work (noone's fault- just one of those things), I asked if they could refund my purchase or make some other remedy.

The product had been purchased by my wife on my behalf, and it proved difficult to track down the order, as her computer had crashed and lost most of her info.

So, I told them that and said that I'd be prepared to take a lose, as I was simply exhausted from having to try this and that without any results. . Besides, I was falling behind sin my projects because of this back and forth.

I would have thought that given the grief I had gone through, this would be straight forward and a refund or credit would be issued.

However, it looks like I'm left holding the bag on this.

This was not a good customer service experience. If you advertise on the box that AmpliTube works on a Mac, then it should. If you and your customer go to great lengths to try to get it to work, this should be acknowledged and compensated for (I'm not a beta tester).

I can't imagine my Mac is the problem, as I have Logic, Garage Band, Tonebridge and many other plug ins and products installed without issue.

Disappointed in IK Multimedia on this one. I guess. I'm left holding the bag.
Music Fusion

Re: AmpliTube Experience

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Hey Music Fusion,

Thanks for posting of your experience here. We are sorry to hear of your situation and that you are not able to get started making music with our products.

Now, I looked through your ticket and it looks a couple things happened here. While I will try and address some points below to help clarify some information, as well as help future users reading this. I have reached out to the support manager to have him reach out. Keep an eye out for his next reply to see what he can do to help.

To start, the iRig 2 is compatible with some Mac systems, but as mentioned in our specifications page, the iRig 2 requires certain Mac systems. This is because the iRig 2 works similar to the Apple headset. If a Mac is designed for use with an Apple headset, this will more than likely work with the iRig 2.

Please note, the iRig HD 2 is the product we would suggest for Mac use. Check out more information on this product at the link below. Notice this uses a USB port and is compatible with any Mac systems that offer USB ports.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irighd2/

Now, AmpliTube 4 should certainly be Mac compatible. We have many users successfully use our software on the Mac platform. As mentioned in your ticket, this seems to be a system specific issue. Normally I would suggest working with the team to figure out what happened here, but as you're issue seems to be something more in-depth than normal troubleshooting would be, please work with the team to provide some order information for a refund.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Music Fusion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:24 am

Hi:

I replied to the email you mentioned.

Again, in that email, I am being asked things like this:

[MOD REDACTED - Please do not quote your support tickets. This is against the forum rules]

Sorry, but as I thought I had made clear, I can't devote any more time to this issue. I have accepted that I will need to take a lose on this.

Take care
Last edited by Music Fusion on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music Fusion

Postby neurotone » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:36 am

Music Fusion
Do you have any other music programs other than GarageBand on your Mac the reason I say GarageBand because I know it's made by Apple. How old is your Mac what is your mac? Mac and windows may change something and mess up a program that you paid for and they do not care.

So that vendor has to correct some code that is usually what happens. I bought a motherboard brand name kept giving me the blue screen of love lol actually it was bought to start building my home recording studio all new hardware but Windows did not like the setup. This computer build was for recording only my main operating system is always Linux so I installed Linux on it as a test and it ran perfectly got another board from another manufacturer no problems.

I'm actually writing to you on that motherboard that will crash if it has windows installed on it lol and it is my main computer that I use every day. too much code jumping around all the time and these programmers have to keep up with it and then it comes down to us consumers we just want s*** to work I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

Remember Think Different commercials Apple did now its think profit They do have a good UI though.
neurotone

Postby Music Fusion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi:

Thanks for your question/observations.

I am a serious and professional songwriter and yes, i do have plenty of software outside of native Mac programs. These include plug ins and other special purpose software.

The IRIG/AmpliTube thing was to venture into recording guitars using more of a software approach.

I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work, and to IK Multimedia's credit, so did they. I have no complaints about the effort they put in. I just think there comes a time where the customer cannot be as involved and things should just work.

Maybe my Mac and set up is soooo unique that it stands out amongst the rest, but that is is very improbable. I have a 2009 iMac, that uses a Steinberg UR44 as its sound module. I have never had a problem with other software such as Steinberg's UR44, Cubase, Logic, etc.

Anyway, I hope this gets solved if it does affect other users.

As I said previously, I'm not blaming anyone. I understand that sometimes this kind of stuff happens and eventually, it gets solved. i just do not have the time to spend doing all these experiments. I have tried and so have they, but I have to move on.
Music Fusion

Postby Music Fusion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm

As an aside, the people at Multimedia have responded to my concern and I am pleased with their response.
Music Fusion

Postby Inadiayo » Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 am

I use IK Multimedia's Amplitube 2 and Amplitube Jimi Hendrix... and am constantly amazed at the tones you can get from this software. I do most of my recording late at night and can't make a lot of noise, so I tried out the free trial for these, thinking I would be giving up a lot of tone not using a real amp cranked up, and was completely surprised.
I have a customized Blues Jr. that puts out a sweet tone, and I occasionally crank that and mic it, and then I compare the tone to an Amplitube fender model, and it usually pisses me off that the Blues Jr. doesn't sound that much better... really. It's just not right.
Inadiayo

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri May 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Music Fusion wrote:Hi Bruce. You are far more technical than I am.

I agree with you that there should be some overall governance body that oversees technology, but as with any other tool, someone will try to use it for not so good uses.

I used to really enjoy upgrading my own PC and I even had my son in law build my last PC with audio recording in mind. But as I get older, I have less patience with fighting with PCs and I found that Mac just works.

Anyway...we may be derailing this thread ;-(

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the in-depth conversation, I see a couple interesting topics brought up here :D .

As we do not mind the back and forth and we do encourage the conversation. Would you guys like to continue your conversation in the proper forum? This way future users are not confused with any information presented here.

I can move the computer related posts to General Discussion if this is okay?

Inadiayo wrote:I use IK Multimedia's Amplitube 2 and Amplitube Jimi Hendrix... and am constantly amazed at the tones you can get from this software. I do most of my recording late at night and can't make a lot of noise, so I tried out the free trial for these, thinking I would be giving up a lot of tone not using a real amp cranked up, and was completely surprised.
I have a customized Blues Jr. that puts out a sweet tone, and I occasionally crank that and mic it, and then I compare the tone to an Amplitube fender model, and it usually pisses me off that the Blues Jr. doesn't sound that much better... really. It's just not right.

Glad to hear you enjoy the Fender collection! The Fender 2 collection is one of my favorite sets of gear in AmpliTube 4. Check out Greg Koch's demo of the collection here:

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Music Fusion » Fri May 03, 2019 5:30 pm

I'm sorry that we went off topic.I'm okay with you moving it.
Music Fusion

Postby neurotone » Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Hey, Ryan_Ik we actually moved our conversation private cuz it was getting off topic but that's the beautifulness of free flow long-form conversation correct. We are actually friended Music Fusion and I now.

Kind of got my eye on that Fender set and also the Mesa Boogie set. Are you an employee of IK Multimedia Ryan? If you do work for IK can you please explain to me the difference between AmpliTube 4 and the mobile version of AmpliTube for iPad and phone because I can just patch into my mixer and record is there a quality difference or is it just cheaper on the mobile AmpliTube because it's more for a road practice move around design.

Actually did a test with the Jimi Hendrix pack on my iPad with the iRig 2 busted out the Stratocaster and plug it into my monitor speakers Mackie CR3 and played some Jimi Hendrix through some really nice computer speakers actually be surprised how they sound by Logitech. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_IblZCbME4S7XS I was surprised how close the sound is you guys did a really good job.

I was thinking sound difference AmpliTube 4 higher quality and also maybe because it requires more programming I don't know I was just curious about the price difference and I still say if you buy something on AmpliTube 4 and if it's (available) for mobile it should be sync or you get a code to get it like let's say if you have a tube screamer type paddle in both AmpliTube's and it's 30 bucks on AmpliTube 4 and five bucks on the mobile version. Why not generate a code to get it for the mobile version I think that would make people happy happy happy it sure would for me. I just never understood that when I first got into IK multimedia.
Bruce
neurotone

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri May 03, 2019 11:40 pm

neurotone wrote:Hey, Ryan_Ik we actually moved our conversation private cuz it was getting off topic but that's the beautifulness of free flow long-form conversation correct. We are actually friended Music Fusion and I now.

That's awesome! Glad to hear. :D

neurotone wrote:Kind of got my eye on that Fender set and also the Mesa Boogie set. Are you an employee of IK Multimedia Ryan? If you do work for IK can you please explain to me the difference between AmpliTube 4 and the mobile version of AmpliTube for iPad and phone because I can just patch into my mixer and record is there a quality difference or is it just cheaper on the mobile AmpliTube because it's more for a road practice move around design.

I am part of the IK Multimedia team, yes, and I will be more than happy to help explain this.

The main difference is the platform and ease of use. While there was a lot of development time spent optimizing some gear to get it to 'play nice' on iOS, the iOS platform is catching up to sound quality. Moving forward sounds should be even closer as more processing power is available on the mobile platforms.

neurotone wrote:Actually did a test with the Jimi Hendrix pack on my iPad with the iRig 2 busted out the Stratocaster and plug it into my monitor speakers Mackie CR3 and played some Jimi Hendrix through some really nice computer speakers actually be surprised how they sound by Logitech. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_IblZCbME4S7XS I was surprised how close the sound is you guys did a really good job.

Thank you! We appreciate the feedback. The team will be happy to hear of your kind words.

neurotone wrote:I was thinking sound difference AmpliTube 4 higher quality and also maybe because it requires more programming I don't know I was just curious about the price difference and I still say if you buy something on AmpliTube 4 and if it's (available) for mobile it should be sync or you get a code to get it like let's say if you have a tube screamer type paddle in both AmpliTube's and it's 30 bucks on AmpliTube 4 and five bucks on the mobile version. Why not generate a code to get it for the mobile version I think that would make people happy happy happy it sure would for me. I just never understood that when I first got into IK multimedia.
Bruce

We appreciate the interest. Yes, AmpliTube 4 will have more access to processing power and is a bit more in-depth code-wise, but the two platforms are slowly catching up to each other. We have been doing Mac/PC versions of AmpliTube much longer, so it will take some time to get the two on the same page, but we are interested in the topic. I'll be sure to pass your comments along with your feedback to the team. :D

Make sure to stay tuned for developments of new gear in our news letter. Sign up at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Music Fusion » Fri May 03, 2019 11:54 pm

Although we are still working on the iMac problem I am having with AmpliTube, I was able to experience AmpliTube on my iPhone today.

I agree that it sounds phenomenal. It's amazing how it can emulate the sound of massive amps.
Music Fusion

Postby acousticglue » Thu May 09, 2019 1:48 am

There is a lot of praise heaped on some competitors products but since A4 , the Fender 2 stuff and Brit collection I don't believe the others are quite as good. These days I use A4 the bulk of time.
acousticglue

Postby neurotone » Thu May 09, 2019 5:19 am

Vsts, and plugins are all a new world for me. I've only been playing around with recording for about 6 months. I've always played through an amp and pedals and was curious about the difference between AmpliTube for ios or mobile an AmpliTube 4. I really enjoy using AmpliTube 4.

At first, I had a struggle with the thought of simulated amps an effects. My friend that got me into home studio recording mics everything he also has a wide variety of amps that are quite impressive. However, my attitude has changed about vsts it could come down to the what I like to call the wine tasting test sometimes the $2 wine taste better than the $20 wine.

What I'm trying to get at is I can play something in AmpliTube 4 tell somebody it was mic to a good old trustworthy Shure SM57 to a Fender Champ and they could believe it. However on the other hand if you've been building a setup for years and years and you have the sound you want coming out of your amp I understand that as well.

Technology has created a new breed of Music snobs such as like. Oh, that sounds like crap because it was recorded digitally and not on tap. Analog all the way man!! and now we stand arguing well technically not me and you lol. In my opinion, however, the art was created in the end does it sound good and is it enjoyable I think that's all that matters.

The great thing is if you want to get something down real quick you can. One thing I'm having issues with is drumming being that I play guitar I have a hard time with drum tracks. I'm playing the instrument and putting the feeling into it and the intent. I know where I'm going with it I guess you could say on the track. I feel like a cheat or afraid the drums will lack the feeling. I think it's super cool you can get a program set it up to play in 4/4 drag-and-drop the intro so on and so forth that just doesn't feel right to me. I guess you can say that's a problem with a one-man band :-)
neurotone

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling