Amplitube 4 question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 question

Postby Nisvie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:48 am

Hi guys, im been using amplitube 4 for a while now with my ibanez and my jackson. And recently i downloaded Ola englunds Mark iv rhythm preset. With the jackson sounds great but with the banez i cant get that palm muted metallic scratchy tone. ( ola englund type , metallica etc.. ) it sounds to noisy with allot bass. With other patches it sounds fine. But on this one the only one having the problem is the Ibanez. Could it be the pickups are not that hot or something? Thanks
Nisvie

Re: Amplitube 4 question

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:47 pm

You may want to check your gain staging at each part of the chain. Make sure you're getting a strong (but not clipping) signal in, and that levels in and out of AmpliTube are proper too.

Also, not all patches may sound great with all guitars, so you may want to copy the preset and try to make adjustments to suit your instrument.

Since other users haven't chimed in with suggestions for a while, I'd also suggest seeing what IK Support has to say as they may have more suggestions.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Amplitube 4 question

Postby frthib_old_account » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Maybe there is some post EQ, compressors, expander, limiters and other things after amplitube.
frthib_old_account

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling