Volume faders/mute in mixer panel[Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Volume faders/mute in mixer panel[Resolved]

Postby combo.glc » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello everyone.
I have a question on the volumes faders and mutes in AT4 mixer panel.
I was trying to isolate the sound of the various mic sources, room sound, DI, in order to distinguish the various contributions to the overall result.
I thought when I lower to -infinity all the faders (mic 1, mic 2, room, DI) or mute them, the output should be silent.
This seems not to be the case, I still hear some sound.
Where does this sound come from? Which source?
Of course, when I lower the master, everything gets silent.
Still, I wonder, besides mics e DI, what other sources of sound does AT4 provide?
Thank you in advance for any contribution.
Best
Giovanni
combo.glc

Re: Volume faders/mute in mixer panel

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Hello Giovanni

combo.glc wrote:I thought when I lower to -infinity all the faders (mic 1, mic 2, room, DI) or mute them, the output should be silent.

You are correct, when all faders are lowered or all mutes are on you should not be hearing anything. I have just tested this on my setup and that's exactly as it should be. All mutes on - no sound.

What interface are you using? Could it be that you are hearing some direct sound from the input, rather than what is coming through your software?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby combo.glc » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:08 pm

garfy wrote:You are correct, when all faders are lowered or all mutes are on you should not be hearing anything. I have just tested this on my setup and that's exactly as it should be. All mutes on - no sound.

Thank you for confirming that
I will double check tonight if I am missing something

garfy wrote:What interface are you using? Could it be that you are hearing some direct sound from the input, rather than what is coming through your software?

I am using iRig HD2 in post FX mode
combo.glc

Postby combo.glc » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Ok, I managed to understand what happened
It was my own fault :roll:
I forgot to consider that many presets have two amps (or just two cabs), so two mixers and two sets of faders/mutes to activate/deactivate
Hope this helps some naive guys like me :mrgreen:
Thank you
combo.glc

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Ahhhhhh. Hadn't thought of that - well spotted. Glad it's all sorted and thanks for coming back with the solution, this may help other users in the future.

As this post is resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling