AmpliTube 4 Mac and pro tools

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 Mac and pro tools

Postby qwqqwqww » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:27 am

Weighing up the options as to purchase either bias fx2 or AmpliTube 4 with the fender 2 pack. Having down loaded the AmpliTube 4 demo I’m loving it. However it runs stand alone but the version of pro tools I have is 10 and only supports 32 bit plugins. Bit pointless really if I can’t use it it pro tools. Is there any what I can upgrade or even use some kind of bridging plug in that will allow the use of 32 bit plug ins in pro tools.

Many thanks

Gary
qwqqwqww

Re: AmpliTube 4 Mac and pro tools

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 am

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum.

Jbridge often gets recommended as a bridging app between 64-bit plugins and 32-bit DAWs, but I have no personal experience of it so can't recommend it myself or if it works with AT4. I would suggest that you open a ticket with official IK support and ask them for confirmation/advice https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ in case no one chimes in here with some information.

However, having just looked at the specs on Positive Grid's website, it appears that BIAS FX2 is only compatible with PT11 and up so you may need to check on your options.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: AmpliTube 4 Mac and pro tools

Postby qwqqwqww » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:09 am

Many thanks for your swift reply garfy.

I have looked at jbridge and I’ll look further into it. It’s more the fact that I’m wanting to use AmpliTube 4. The demo sounds fab and if I can somehow use it with Pro Tools I’ll be happy.

Gary
qwqqwqww

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling