Amplitube4 crashing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube4 crashing

Postby WRod » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Win7 I7-3770k cpu @ 3.50GHz.....Seems amplitube want to crash/freeze computer when im watching youtube videos with A4 open. Version 4.7.0 Some days worse than others. Some days not at all. If anyone could give me an idea on how to troubleshoot this it would be much appreciated.

Its the free version. I basically just use it for cabs i buy from the custom shop. usually plug my helix or triaxis or whatever into my sound card and use A4 for the cabinet. Ive run it this way since A4 came out. Most recently i put a new internal hard drive in this computer, then i reinstalled A4 and it ran fine for a couple months, but now lately my computer freezes with that annoying digital noise, until im forced to hit the hard restart.

Thanks for any interest expressed.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Re: Amplitube4 crashing

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 pm

First, I'd recommend making sure you install the latest version, currently 4.8.1, from https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

That may help. If not, we can go from there but I'd also recommend seeking official IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for the best results as they are able to troubleshoot directly with you to resolve technical issues.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WRod » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:02 am

Thanks Pete. I started there. Ill have to rock out on that version for a while and see what transpires.

Side note: and i didnt look extremely hard.....but i didnt see an "about" page for the custom shop...so it was hard for me to decipher what version i had installed....but now that i think about it, i must be a little behind on it as well, because i dont have access to the dimebag collection....anyway your response is appreciated.
WRod

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:49 am

Hi, when you open Custom Shop it should tell you if there is a new version available. Also, the latest version of Custom Shop will install when you install the latest version of AmpliTube.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WRod » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:58 pm

So far so good Peter, and ive spent a fair amount of time with the apps open, so keeping fingers crossed. Much appreciated.

BTW - in my last version of A4 the preset browser showed my presets only. It installed that way default. Since ive updated, the preset browser shows all presets, with seemingly no way of reducing to my own. This is quite cumbersome as you can imagine since i dont use the amps. Im trying to figure out which of the filters i may have changed to cause this but have had no luck. Not only that, but the browser wants to reload at the beginning of each session opening, as if i have refreshed it. With all the extra presets showing it takes a minute or whatever. Just a minor inconvenience. Thanks again, truly.
WRod

Postby WRod » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Actually DID have a crash today, but somewhat different. It happened while i had the A4 standalone app open along with Studio One. When i added a 4th instance of A4 into Studio One, the computer crashed.
Not expecting any action from you. Merely documenting in case i need to fill out a ticket. Side note that all this has been happening with my buffer set to 48 samples. I highly doubt id have an issue in a mixing scenario and buffer size increased to full. 1024 samples
WRod

Postby WRod » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:44 am

...and the other thing...since ive got a thread open...withe everything i can find in the off position why is A4 still running at 15-20% CPU?Image
WRod

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:22 pm

I'm not sure, it seems like you'd want to talk directly to IK Support about some of these things. I notice in your screenshot that the Cab A is still on. I get a lower reading with everything off but there are many factors that can affect this so it would likely be best to still open a ticket, and also note that you should turn off the sections that are not in your routing scenario like Amp B, Cab B, etc to make sure all is indeed switched off.

There will definitely be a base amount of CPU used, mine does look lower but it may be something else affecting yours (and/or mine) to show different results.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WRod » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 am

Yeah well cab A is still on because i was using it, but thats literally all i was using. Sorry if i was a bit unclear there. Still the cpu seems hi for a single cab. It would even seem a bit high for two cabs an an eq IMO. If i were running an amp maybe i could see but im not....Its all good, just trying to suss it out. Thanks again and again :)
WRod

Postby SDM_T_RACKS » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:22 am

I have had problems with AT 4 Standalone crashing ever since updating to 4.8.2. Never crashed once before....
SDM_T_RACKS

Postby garfy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 am

SDM_T_RACKS wrote:I have had problems with AT 4 Standalone crashing ever since updating to 4.8.2. Never crashed once before....

I would suggest that you open a ticket with IK official support to help you out with this.

However, unless you are using the new IK AXE interface, you could easily roll back to 4.8.1 if that was working correctly for you.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling