Beginner questions regarding Amplitube 4 from a PC user

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Beginner questions regarding Amplitube 4 from a PC user

Postby Deplorable » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your time in advance. I did a search and wasn't able to find an answer to these so I've listed all my questions below.

Last week I purchased iRig HD 2 which contains Amplitube 4. This has been installed on my Windows 10 PC.

Firstly I haven't played in almost two decades. There are no amps or other software like garageband link to this program. Just my guitar into the iRig into Amplitube so I can relearn some old metal classics and unleash my weekend warrior.

1). The first thing that was required was to download and install a driver because I was on PC. This has been done, but when I'm using Amplitube and switch between amp presents the sound goes into complete overdrive and I lose any semblence of tone. I'm forced to restart the program to reset the sound. I don't really know anything about this stuff or the midi options so I'm looking for some guidance.

2). Loop Drummer / Drumming loops
I've seen videos online where you can integrate Loop Drummer with Amplitube, but this doesn't appear to be available for the PC version. Is there a drum tool I can use within Amplitube beyond the metronome?
If there is, how do I get it to play within Amplitube so I feel like I'm playing along to something?

3). There were a number of free downloads with the program but I still can't access the Marshall/Orange amp options. Are these supposed to come with the purchase, or are these additional add-ons?

4). Are there other basic features I should know of? Can I tune the guitar through the program?

Apologies for such basic questions. I haven't played in years and the guitar shop said this program
would cover me as a hobbyist but I'm struggling.
Deplorable

Re: Beginner questions regarding Amplitube 4 from a PC user

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi, everybody starts somewhere and no problem asking questions! Since other users have not yet chimed in (c'mon community, help a brother/sister user whose place you've been in at some point in the past!) I'll do my best to answer these.

1) You don't provide the exact details of what driver you're using but it is likely ASIO4ALL as that is what IK requires for Windows compatibility. However, there are certain settings you'll need to use there, and I'm not sure you are using these settings so please check the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076 and see if that helps. If not, best best would be to work directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to get direct assistance.

2) Loop Drummer is in the iOS version of AmpliTube, there is no built-in equivalent on AmpliTube for Mac/Windows at this time.

3) You do get some Marshall models (especially the great new ones with AmpliTube 4 - I LOVE the Red Pig and Brit Silver SO MUCH) but Orange models are not included with iRig HD 2. You can see specifically what you get on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... php?p=apps Please click "More Info" under AmpliTube 4 near the end of the page to see a list of gear you get there.

4) You can indeed tune your guitar in AmpliTube 4 with two options: The standard rack tuner and UltraTuner which is an amazing tool. I've used it to set intonation on some of my guitars, it is that precise. For a walk through each of these, I'd recommend perusing the manual that was installed with the program (also available in your IK User Area under My Products --> AmpliTube 4 upon registration of your iRig HD 2). You can find the FAQ about manual location on your system at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=812 (just substitute AmpliTube 4 for AmpliTube 3 in those paths).

Hope that helps! Again, no need for apologies. We've all been there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Beginner questions regarding Amplitube 4 from a PC user

Postby Deplorable » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did install the required driver after looking through
the manual. It took me to the ASIO site, and that is now installed.

1). I notice when I switch amp settings I have to click out of "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" into my other two options which are "ASIO" or "Directsound" and then go back in and select "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" again to get the new amp set up. Do I need to be aware of buffer size or anything like that?

2). Are there any free drum loop programs I can use and import into Amplitube4? I'm really just looking for something beyond the metronome. This guy in this video seems to have a really cool set-up to play to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGe0aC2oQA

I'll look your other replies. Thanks for the help, it's a bit of black magic when you haven't worked
with these before.
Deplorable

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling