Selecting more than 4 favorites

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Selecting more than 4 favorites

Postby tdwimsatt » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 am

I have an iRig Blueboard and use the favorites for live gigs and would like to know if there is a way to get to more than 4 favorites with a pedal board? The Blueboard only seems to support 4 due to the number of foot switches. It would be great to be able to get to 8 or more.
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Re: Selecting more than 4 favorites

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Please see the User Manual (in AmpliTube's Help section) for full information on using iRig BlueBoard. You will find the proper information (more detailed than below) in the "iRig BlueBoard" section.

Once you pair iRig BlueBoard from directly within AmpliTube, and you use Preset Mode, you would hold the A switch for three seconds for bank up, and hold the B switch for three seconds for bank down in order to use more than four presets.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tdwimsatt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 am

Peter,

I looked through the manual before and never saw that detail. Thanks for pointing it out. I actually tried pushing the button for a few seconds and nothing seemed to happen. There is a little more to it than that. When the button is held down for 3 secs, all of the buttons blink. Then you must click a button to get the display to change. The display will remain on the initial presets until another button is clicked. That is a bit confusing but knowing that pushing and holding should work helped me figure out the rest.

Thanks again! :D
Tom
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm

I have similar problems with my blueboard. I'm using Amplitube CS + Blueboard + iRig2 + iPhone7.

1. As soon as I change the preset, the assignments of the 4 switches are forgotten. I would have to save them each time I change the presets, unthinkable in a live situation. Isn't it possible to save the assignments of the switches for different presets separately?

2. an external footswitch (a simple Yamaha momentary footswitch) is not recognized, not even a footcontroller (Yamaha FC7) that I would like to use for volume control.
AmpliTube/CS, iRig2, iRig HD2, Blueboard, iPhone7, iPad, MacBook Pro, AmpliTube4
wolfgang.hefele

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:22 pm

3. Do the colors of the footswitch symbols on the pedals have any meaning? Sometimes they are blue, green or yellow.
AmpliTube/CS, iRig2, iRig HD2, Blueboard, iPhone7, iPad, MacBook Pro, AmpliTube4
wolfgang.hefele

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm

For those three queries/issues, I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support because it doesn't sound like you are having the expected experience with iRig BlueBoard and they can troubleshoot with you directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tdwimsatt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Wolfgang,
I use the Moog EP-3 pedal for volume and a Boss FS5L foot switch. They both work great and I have some details about the volume control in another post you can check out. What I do is work out my settings before a gig and store them in presets. You may have several presets that are very similar but with important differences for each application. I have a set of general use presets and ones that are specific to a song or setting. Yes, you need to save the changes to the preset if you want to save the changes. After you save the changes to a preset (new or modification) be sure to reassign the preset to the favorite setting. If you save a preset and do not reassign it to the favorite, you will not get the changes. The favorite is still loaded with the unmodified preset.
The foot switch is used in a similar way to the expression pedal (see my post and responses for more details). You must assign the switch to a control on the screen. For example, I wanted to switch on and off the swell pedal so I assigned the switch to that pedal and saved the preset then reassigned the favorite to link it all back up. Now I have the expression pedal controlling the amp volume and the foot switch controlling the swell pedal. To get to my other favorites, I just hold down the A or B switch on the Blueboard and then click the swithc again to get the display to change to the new favorites in preset mode.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:34 am

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not come on a green branch.

I assign the switches of the blueboard to the stomp effects (A should control FX 2, B = FX 3, C = FX 4 and D should control POST FX 1). The switches on the stomp boxes turn blue. Then I save the preset under Favorites. Whenever I change the preset, my assignments are gone: Switch A always controls the first slot where I have the noise gate, but I never want to bypass it! The post FX pedals are not saved. All 6 switches are blue now, switch A controls the noise gate again and I have no access to Post FX effects.

By the way the same problem on my iPad as on my iPhone.
wolfgang.hefele

Postby tdwimsatt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 am

I don't use mine that way. I setup presets that get assigned to favorites and the Blueboard buttons are assigned to the favorites and I switch through various pedal and amp configurations that way. The expression pedal and switch are assigned to controls within the presets. I go into live mode and select the favorites with the Blueboard and control from there. You might try that and see how it works for you. I need a mega-variety of options when I play and this strategy makes it easy when live.
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:20 pm

I use to switch individual effects by the buttons of the blueboard. The problem is: After changing a preset the assignments are gone. Otherwise if I combine only 4 effects, I already have 16 options, so I would need up to 16 presets with only one amp-setting.

That's why working exclusively with presets doesn't make sense for me in live operation.
wolfgang.hefele

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling