Amplitube 4 with Garageband

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 with Garageband

Postby Wotixa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:18 pm

I have just started using Garageband and I really like to record there on my Mac. But I´m not so happy with the metal sound for guitar on Garageband. I´m just wondering if I can buy AmpliTube 4/mesa/metal AmpliTube for GarageBand? So I can use amps from amplitube to record in Garageband, is that possible or do I have to record in amplitube?
Thanks
Wotixa

Re: Amplitube 4 with Garageband

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 pm

AmpiTube 4 and the various gear you mention that run in it will work well in GarageBand as an Audio Units insert plugin. You'll be able to record great tones there!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Wotixa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Do you know if its hard to find those plugins in GarageBand? I´m new to this, so I´m not sure what to do if I buy amplitube.
Wotixa

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Wotixa wrote:Do you know if its hard to find those plugins in GarageBand? I´m new to this, so I´m not sure what to do if I buy amplitube.

It isn't too hard. You can follow the steps in this Apple Support article (AmpliTube is an effect plugin): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25047
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Blistery18 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Peter, has the issue with AmpliTube and GarageBand been addressed?

I bought a Mac in the fall of 2018, partly for the purpose of using the intuitive and user friendly GarageBand as my DAW. Only to find out that IK Multimedia has a whole series FAQ info that provides a “workaround” to have AmpliTube work in GarageBand.

That workaround really limits AmpliTube, for example the Ampitube Browser Is not available.
Not good, as I expected much more from a premium software such as AmpliTube. [mod redacted - unnecessary and not true from what I know]

I am now using Cubebase in which AmpliTube works very well. Not happy though, since Cubase is way beyond my more basic DAW requirements.
Blistery18

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:14 pm

There shouldn't need to be a workaround with AmpliTube 4 that I know of. I believe that sometimes GarageBand does not see new plugins for some reason (not unique to IK plugins). Please see this Sweetwater article about this: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... arageband/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Wotixa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:16 pm

I found them now. But when I use the mesa amp it sound like the sound is in a "room", with som echos. Is there any fix for that?
Wotixa

Postby Blistery18 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:24 pm

Peter,
It looks like the Sweetwater article was copied from the IK FAQ

I just checked the IK FAQ, and the following is still posted

“Please note the below is a workaround, not the permanent solution. There are other issues related to this such as the inability to try out Custom Shop gear while in Garageband 10 and an issue with the Preset Browser not being displayed. Some users may encounter an issue with Presets not appearing in the drop-down menu either, please see our FAQ on this here.”

Back in the fall I went through the required steps and am able to see Amplitube as a plug in in GarageBand, however I have AT4 Max, and I definitely use the preset browser which is not available in GarageBand. For this reason I now use Cubase. I get the full AT4 Max experience without issue.
Blistery18

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 pm

There's a separate article if your preset browser isn't showing. If anybody needs more hands-on technical assistance with this, I'm sure the IK Support team can do so via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Wotixa wrote:I found them now. But when I use the mesa amp it sound like the sound is in a "room", with som echos. Is there any fix for that?

This sounds like you are monitoring both the input signal AND the effected sound from AT4. What interface are you using?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Wotixa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:56 pm

I´m using Apogee one. I have this problem with Logic Pro also. Sound like the drums and guitars are in a room with some echos.
Wotixa

Postby Wotixa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 pm

And when I use the pan all the way to the right, I get the real sound. I really don't understand what to do
Wotixa

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Wotixa wrote:I´m using Apogee one.

In the Maestro software for your interface you need to make sure you have muted the dry input signals (sometimes known as Direct Level) and you are only listening to the sounds coming from your software, whether that is AT4 or Logic.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling