iOS AmpliTube Noise Filter use in Logic Pro X?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

iOS AmpliTube Noise Filter use in Logic Pro X?

Postby JOHNAVATAR.com » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 pm

How do I get the "iOS AmpliTube Noise Filter" use in Logic Pro X on my MacPro? I see lots of other "IK Multimedia" that show up as "TR5" filters, but I don't see the "Noise Filter"... I would really like to use that in Logic Pro X.

There is a filter in the iOS (iPhone XS and new iPad) Amplitube version called "Noise Filer" and it does an amazing job of filtering out noise from Single Coil Guiter Pickups, like the Fender Telecaster Squire.... it pretty much removes the buzz and gives you a very clean Telecaster Guitar sound! Awesome!

I just bought the Fender Squire Telecaster (awesome guitar for $200, very easy to play, sounds exactly like US Fender Tele) and for my iPhone XS and new iPad I bought the iRig 2 (which is awesome, I highly recommend).... BOTH from Amazon...

Anyway, the Fender Telecaster Squire has single coil pickups, which pickup a lot of room electromagnetic static and you hear it... it's noisy, but you can play with it, it's fine....
EXCEPT there is a great Noise Filter in the iOS Amplitube version called "Noise Filter" and it removes most to all of that noise.

Worst case, I can lay down tracks in iOS, then move those to Logic Pro X, but it would be perfect if I could do it all in Logic Pro X.

Anyone, anyone???

Thanks!

<(•_•)>
Robert Moore
Silicon Beach Design Studio™ & LAB
@JOHNAVATAR.com™
Santa Monica, CA 90402
USA

Email: JohnAvatar@JohnAvatar.com
JOHNAVATAR.com

Re: iOS AmpliTube Noise Filter use in Logic Pro X?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:02 am

Best would probably be to install AmpliTube CS on your Mac - it is free and can be found in your IK User Area. It has a noise gate/filter built in.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JOHNAVATAR.com » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 am

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the speedy reply.... I own a number of IK products, a couple MIDI keyboards, an acoustic guitar mic, this iRig 2 and some other stuff....

Do you mean Amplitube Custom Shop... that installs Amplitube 4 and some filters, but not the iOS Noise Filter I'm looking for.

I think I did that (will AmpliTube CS and AmpliTube 4 install the same filters)? I installed AmpliTube 4 on my MacPro and a number of plugins do appear, but not the same "Noise Filter" that comes with the iOS version of Amplitube. The iOS version does a great job, the Mac version is not the same and doesn't work as good, though I might play with it, but the iOS version is very simple and just works with setting gain on a single knob.
JOHNAVATAR.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:42 am

The noise filter on AmpliTube 4 (or CS) should do the job with a simple knob too. It isn’t a piece of gear it is built into the interface.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JOHNAVATAR.com » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 am

Thank You Peter.... I will take a look. I just got this guitar and the iRig 2 and just starting to play with it all. Over the next few days, or weeks (depends on schedule), I will know more.

What about using the filters in GarageBand???? Is that possible?
JOHNAVATAR.com

Postby JOHNAVATAR.com » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:06 am

Yes, I do see the Filter settings for the Amplitube 4 as a plugin, though it is much more sophisticated than the simple iOS Noise Filter (which only has single setting, a gain knob named "DEPTH"). I do see a "DEPTH" gain know on the Amplitube 4 Plugin, when I select it as a Logic Pro X plugin. I'll play with it.

I am very new to actually using all of this and Logic, though have years of experience in studios.

Thanks again.... I'll update after some play with all of this...
JOHNAVATAR.com

Postby JOHNAVATAR.com » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:22 am

The Amplitube 4 plugin has a "Noise Gate" feature, with DEPTH as a setting. I'm not sure that will be the same.... I'll try it out.

ALSO.... I did figure out how to get the "Amplitube 4" and IK Multimedia TR5" Plugins" to work with GarageBand! Awesome!

How do I get the Amplitube 4 plugin screen size to be much bigger? I have 2 large screens on my MacPro and I don't seem to be able to change the window size of Amplitube 4?
JOHNAVATAR.com

Postby carlaz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Unfortunately, neither the Amplitube nor T-RackS plugin UI panels are scaleable, as far as I know (though the T-RackS 5 plugin UI panels are, I think, bigger than those in previous versions of T-RackS). So, yes, they can be a bit hard to read on larger/high-resolution screens. I think this is a not uncommon issue amongst many users, so hopefully some future update will provide more UI scaleability.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling