Problems transferring Ampltiube 4/Custom shop to new macbook

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Problems transferring Ampltiube 4/Custom shop to new macbook

Postby ElectricRay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi
I have just upgraded to a new 2018 MacBook PRO. I had Logic Pro X and Amplitube 4 (CUSTOM SHOP) on my existing machine where it works fine. I tried to transfer the whole thing to the new machine using the Apple process, and while everything else seems to be working, AmpliTube 4 won't open on the new Mac - it keeps crashing with EXC_BAD_ACCESS Error. Custom Shop seems to be fine. I don't think it's an authorisation error?
ElectricRay

Re: Problems transferring Ampltiube 4/Custom shop to new mac

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 pm

I do not know what thatt transfer process is. You may need to install AmpliTube Custom Shop from scratch.

Please raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello ElectricRay

ElectricRay wrote:I tried to transfer the whole thing to the new machine using the Apple process, and while everything else seems to be working, AmpliTube 4 won't open on the new Mac - it keeps crashing with EXC_BAD_ACCESS Error. Custom Shop seems to be fine. I don't think it's an authorisation error?

Unfortunately, the Apple Migration process is not perfect and sometimes things don't work as expected after transfer. As DarkStar suggests uninstall/reinstall AT4CS would probably be best, although have you tried a reboot just incase this sorts it out?

Alternatively, you could reboot into Safe mode to rule out potential driver issues, but I think the reinstall is the quickest and cleanest fix as AT4CS is such a small bit of software.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:41 pm

And once you install AmpliTube Custom Shop which should be a relatively small file and quickly installed you can open the Custom Shop application (in your Applications folder) and log in then go to AmpliTube --> Gear --> Restore My Gear and all should be good again.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling