Custom Shop Login ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop Login ?

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm

I don't seem to be able to save my Custom Shop Login info. I find myself always having to try to remember the user name/password and having to type it in manually. With the multitude of user names and passwords we all have these days this is no easy task and an unnecessary inconvenience.

Is there a way to save/store the login info so as not to have to type it in every time one uses Custom Shop ?

Thanks...

And btw, thank you IK for the TRack Compressor. Very generous of you !
Musical.Alchemy

Re: Custom Shop Login ?

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Maybe in another Browser?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Custom Shop is a standalone application so you may want to try to store your passwords in a secure application like 1Password or similar.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Custom Shop is a standalone application so you may want to try to store your passwords in a secure application like 1Password or similar.

Thank you Peter. I have Toontrack 'Product Manager' which is also a standalone and does in fact easily store my login information without the need for any cumbersome third party apps.
It would be greatly appreciated if IK addressed this inconvenience and added it to their next Custom Shop update.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:00 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Custom Shop is a standalone application so you may want to try to store your passwords in a secure application like 1Password or similar.

Thank you Peter. I have Toontrack 'Product Manager' which is also a standalone and does in fact easily store my login information without the need for any cumbersome third party apps.
It would be greatly appreciated if IK addressed this inconvenience and added it to their next Custom Shop update.

Typically Custom Shop keeps you logged in after you close and reopen it. I just tested it and it does for me, so once you log on it should keep you logged on. You may want to ask support about that if this isn't happening for you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:12 am

Peter_IK wrote:Typically Custom Shop keeps you logged in after you close and reopen it. I just tested it and it does for me, so once you log on it should keep you logged on. You may want to ask support about that if this isn't happening for you.

Please clarify. Are you speaking about closing and reopening during the same session (same day) or are you saying that once one logs in it will then retain the login info for the next day or next week, or whenever you decide to open CS again ?
I would think it probably would retain the info during the same day/session however opening it the following day/week is where it seems to lose the info.
If you say you are able to retain your info over days/weeks then I will as you said have to contact support.

Thank you again for your help !
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Typically Custom Shop keeps you logged in after you close and reopen it. I just tested it and it does for me, so once you log on it should keep you logged on. You may want to ask support about that if this isn't happening for you.

Please clarify. Are you speaking about closing and reopening during the same session (same day) or are you saying that once one logs in it will then retain the login info for the next day or next week, or whenever you decide to open CS again ?
I would think it probably would retain the info during the same day/session however opening it the following day/week is where it seems to lose the info.
If you say you are able to retain your info over days/weeks then I will as you said have to contact support.

Thank you again for your help !

I don't know the specific timeout. That would have to be something IK Support would know and be able to give more technical detail about. For me if memory served it was at least days but not sure about beyond that.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:22 am

Peter_IK wrote: For me if memory served it was at least days but not sure about beyond that.

I see, then the problem is probably on my end, as I lose the login info by the next day. Basically after the PC is shut down, and turned back on.

Thank you Peter...
Musical.Alchemy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling