Amplitube 4 not working - Guitar doesnt change sound.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 not working - Guitar doesnt change sound.

Postby Envyyou » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:06 am

Hey does anyone have experience with this application? I purchased the basic version of Amplitube4 for 149 pounds.

My electric guitar plugs into a Presonus Studio 2. When I plug my guitar, I can hear just a generic clear tone coming from my speakers the issue I have is when I open Amplitube4 the sound doesn’t change at all no matter what effects I select. The guitar will always sound the same.

The three options I have to setup are

Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)

Direct Sound

ASIO

Does anyone have any ideas?
Envyyou

Re: Amplitube 4 not working - Guitar doesnt change sound.

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:52 am

Hello envyyou and welcome to the forum.

You need to make sure that the Mixer control on the front of the Presonus Studio 2 is turned all the way clockwise to point at Playback, otherwise you will be hearing just the dry input signal.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Envyyou » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Thanks Garfy that has worked for me but i have another question.

If i have a Presonus Studio 2 with its respective drivers installed what option should i be using. Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode), Direct Sound or ASIO.

If i select Direct Sound the only setting that works is 2048 buffer size but i get lag. All other options produce a distorted static sound.

If i select ASIO i get the following message - ASIO could not initialize audio device please check your device is connected and turned on

Does ASIO need other drivers or should i just be using the other two options.
Envyyou

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:50 pm

I would suggest the ASIO driver will be the one to ensure best latency.

However, have you downloaded and installed the drivers and Universal Control software from Presonus? If not, I would advise doing so as the interface will need these to run efficiently and will be better than a generic ASIO driver.

Envyyou wrote:If i select ASIO i get the following message - ASIO could not initialize audio device please check your device is connected and turned on.

If you have installed the specific manufacturers drivers and the above is an error message coming from AmpliTube then I would suggest raising a ticket with official IK Support for some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Envyyou » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Okay just to be clear - I have installed the latest drivers and Universal Control software from Presonus.

Currently i am running under Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode). But the AISO mode isn't working. If this is the mode i should be using let me know and ill contact support.

Thanks for all your help.
Envyyou

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:05 pm

You should definitely choose ASIO drivers provided by the manufacturer. I'd recommend contacting IK Support for sure.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thosedreadedgnats » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 pm

Hopefully you've fixed this problem by now. If not, or if anyone else is having this issue, hold off on trying to change the input, and go down to "output". There you should find the option to add your Interface (Focusrite Scarlett etc) Once you select the output, go back to the input, and if it hasn't automatically changed to ASIO, you should be able to change it yourself and that should fix the problem!
thosedreadedgnats

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling