Crackling and delay on Amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Crackling and delay on Amplitube 4

Postby methods21 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:06 am

Hi,

I recently bought a new computer; what could go wrong right? Amplitube was running fine on the old box.

My setup is guitar -> Presonus AudioBox USB 96 -> Computer USB port (direct, no hub).

The prior PC was a Win 7 box (purchased in 2015) with an i5 CPU and onboard sound. The new box is Win 10 i7 CPU and Soundblaster Audigy FX. Same speakers, guitars etc.

After some fiddling I got it sort of working (delay being the biggest issue to start), but now there is an insane amount of crackling! The challenge is that it will sound fine for a minute, but then just degenerate into a crackling mess. If I stop playing it seems to clear up for a short while. Happens with different amps including the default load setup.

I watched the CPU meter, never went above 50%.
Windows Audio - Exclusive Mode
Line (Audiobox USB 96)
Output: Speakers (sound blaster Audigy FX)
Buffer size (tried them all), 256 < 256 and delay is insane, 512 and greater delay to much.

Please help.
methods21

Re: Crackling and delay on Amplitube 4

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:34 am

From that list it sounds like you may be using line input on your audio interface? If so, you'll want to use the Hi-Z/Instrument input. Also, make sure your buffer and sample rate are set appropriately to get the lowest latency but without pops/crackles.

Sounds like you may have those settings fine, so I'd suggest seeking official support from IK Support so they can troubleshoot directly with you and get your issues resolved. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:38 am

methods21 wrote:Windows Audio - Exclusive Mode
Line (Audiobox USB 96)
Output: Speakers (sound blaster Audigy FX)

Just to clear something up...have you got a different input interface (Audiobox) and a different output (Sound Blaster Audigy FX)? This could be where the issue is if the driver doesn't like addressing two different sound cards, or if one can't run on a general Windows driver. Just a thought.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby methods21 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:27 am

Here is a sample output, about the 23 second mark the audio starts to break up. Happens all the time.... amplitube is currently unusable

https://instaud.io/3h9y
methods21

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

Sorry to hear you are still having problems.

Have you opened a support ticket as Peter_IK suggested. If so, you should keep working with them to resolve the issue via one-to-one help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Hey methods21,

Please reach out to support and PM me your ticket number. The team will be able to assist you in figuring out what is up here and optimizing your system.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

From what I'm reading you are using WASAPI (Windows Exclusive Audio Driver). This driver set is not the best for real time audio processing software. These are really meant for movies, video games, or just playing back audio from a music player. For software like AmpliTube or a DAW we suggest to use the drivers which came with your audio interface.

Below is a download link for your Audiobox drivers:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Audio ... /downloads

As for your other audio interface/sound card. I can't seem to find any downloads listed for this product, check with the manufacturer for some help here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Yes, sorry I thought I had mentioned that it seems like you're not using your audio interface's drivers which will most definitely have impact. I'll bet that alone clears up your issues.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling