User Presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

User Presets

Postby juliee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:00 pm

I have been unable to figure out how to organize my presets. I understand that I can make a new folder for this ...and title it with underscore or number first to have it at the top of list. And that is fine I can do that. But I can not understand how the drop down window on the far left works, which I understand is for exactly this purpose. I saw this in the forum.
For Mac/PC, use the drop down menu to left of the Preset selector drop down menu. Load the preset you want to assign to a slot here, then click this slot to replace the currently listed preset. ..

But it does not help me at all and I tried everything I possibly could to figure it out.

Appreciate any help
juliee

Re: User Presets

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Hey Juliee,

Thanks for your post.

The drop down menu to the left of the AmpliTube Preset Drop down menu will be used for 'Favorite' presets or presets set to load with certain MIDI PC (Program Change) messages. After opening this menu, clicking a preset slot will allow you to replace this with your currently loaded preset.

One option for a more in-depth visualization of this menu can be found by clicking the MIDI menu (Lower right hand corner). Inside here, use the 'Program Change' sub-menu. Notice in this menu you will see a 'PC' or 'Program Change' number column and a column with 'Preset' names. When sending the MIDI PC message associated with the presets listed here, you will be able to quickly recall your favorite sounds.

This can be helpful when using a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) or MIDI controller with AmpliTube.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby juliee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks so much for your reply Ryan. I think I am actually understanding all of that pretty well, but I just can't make it work. I am able to add PC assignments in the MIDI box on bottom right and then I see those preset assignments show up in that drop down box in top left corner. What I would like to do (and what I thought you were saying I could do) is to be able to be auditioning presets in the preset browser and when I come to something I like, somehow assign it to one of those slots in that drop down menu.

After opening this menu, clicking a preset slot will allow you to replace this with your currently loaded preset.

I guess I need step by step help with this because I just can't figure it out. If I have a preset in one of the drop down menu slots and right or left click on it, that assigned preset is loaded. I can't figure out how to replace it with what was the currently loaded preset.

If I navigate to and click on an unassigned slot, say 008, that click down box flashes 008 for a few seconds and that's it. I went to the MIDI box on bottom right thinking that loaded preset assignment for 008 would show up there but it was still empty.

btw, it would be nice for the PC assignments in that box to be dragable or to have move up and down option
juliee

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:56 pm

juliee wrote:I guess I need step by step help with this because I just can't figure it out. If I have a preset in one of the drop down menu slots and right or left click on it, that assigned preset is loaded. I can't figure out how to replace it with what was the currently loaded preset.

If I navigate to and click on an unassigned slot, say 008, that click down box flashes 008 for a few seconds and that's it. I went to the MIDI box on bottom right thinking that loaded preset assignment for 008 would show up there but it was still empty.

btw, it would be nice for the PC assignments in that box to be dragable or to have move up and down option

Try these steps for each option of setting MIDI PC messages to your presets.

MIDI Window:

-Click the MIDI button in the lower right hand corner of AmpliTube
-Inside this window go to the Program Change tab
-From here you will see ALL available slots to assign MIDI PC messages to your presets (0-127)
-Click any slot to see a list of available presets to either add or replace the currently listed presets

Preset Drop Down - Program Change Drop Down:

-In the main AmpliTube 4 window load your favorite preset (Say for example the preset 'Clean' in the Brit 8000 section of the AmpliTube 4 British Collection)
-Once loaded, click the drop down menu to the left of the preset drop down menu
-Click any open slot (Say for example slot 85)
-Notice if a preset is already saved to that slot, a message will appear asking you if you are sure you would like to assign this preset to this slot (Replacing the existing preset)
-Go back to that same drop down menu and notice this preset is now associated with the selected slot
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby juliee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:14 pm

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond with all that info Ryan. I don't have any problem at all with that first paragraph regarding the MIDI window and adding presets there. And they do indeed show up as they should in the upper drop down box as well.

However with that second paragraph for the PC drop down box, I must have some kind of glitch because it is not working that way for me. I follow every step as directed, but when I click slot 85, the box flashes 85 for a few seconds and then when I reopen there is nothing in slot 85.

But if I click on a slot that is already occupied (the preset having been added from MIDI window), the current loaded preset will in fact replace the one in that slot. But I do not get any dialogue asking if it is ok to replace... it just happens.
juliee

Postby Ryan_IK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:28 am

Hey Juliee,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, when you can, please shoot me a PM with a video example of what you mean and we can go over this together. I Should be able to get you working here :D

The best way to send a video would be using Lice Cap. This is a quick recorder that saves GIF files. These don't take up much space and they are animated. It's a very simple recorder with two buttons 'Record' and 'Stop' made by the creators of Reaper a great DAW.

http://www.cockos.com/licecap/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Albion » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:27 am

How do you actually load a preset that way, everytime I click on a number that gives me a preset it just gives me a program change warning. It doesn't load the existing preset.
Albion

Postby puranon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 am

I believe presets from AT2 and AT3 can be converted to AT4 presets
puranon

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Albion, when you can, launch AmpliTube 4 and look in the upper left hand corner. Notice two menus. One is a list of Presets assigned to your Program Change values for MIDI use. The other is the Preset drop down menu (Click the 'Default' preset name's text to see this drop down). The Preset drop down will show and allow you to load all of your preset files, and the other menu, let's call this your 'Favorites', will be used to assign Presets to different MIDI PC messages for quick recall.

Note - The 'Preset Browser' can also be used to see and load all of your presets. This is accessible from the top of your screen. The 'MIDI' window in the lower right hand corner can be used to edit your 'Favorites' list more in-depth.

To answer puranon, AmpliTube 2 presets will be able to be loaded into AmpliTube 3 without any extra steps. AmpliTube 3 will look for and show any AmpliTube 2 preset files (at2i). Once loaded and saved these become AmpliTube 3 preset files (at3i) which can be imported into AmpliTube using the 'Import Legacy' option in the Preset drop down menu. This will convert your files to AmpliTube 4 preset files (at4i).
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby juliee » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi Ryan, I sent a pm with video as you requested a few weeks ago, showing how that preset window is not working as it should for me.
juliee

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 pm

juliee wrote:Hi Ryan, I sent a pm with video as you requested a few weeks ago, showing how that preset window is not working as it should for me.

Hey Juliee,

My apologies, it looks like your reply was put on hold due to an issue on my end. This was resolved and I've replied to you. Please work with me there and I will get you working.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling