Surface Go is working fine

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Surface Go is working fine

Postby kevinfarrell53 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 am

I just purchased a surface go from Costco, Pentium gold, 4 gig ram 128 gig storage. and after upgrading from windows 10s to full version, i loaded Ampitube 4 deluxe and ASIO for all and it seems to be working well. So now i have a more cost effective windows platform to gig with, and if it doesn't work Costco has a great return policy. Iv'e been gigging with the iOS ver and a stomp io since last summer, It has worked well but I've always wanted to use the windows version, I have a Galaxy Book 12 with a i5 but i never could get it to run well enough to trust it on a gig.
Funny though the Surface Go has a lot lower specs. I also "Optimized windows 10 for audio" from a video from the web, and that seemed to help.
So we'll see in a few days if its usable, I'll still have my Ipad in my bag for backup,
I'll report back in a coupe of weeks :D
kevinfarrell53

Re: Surface Go is working fine

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 am

I'm also considering picking up a Surface Go. Do get back to us with your review. Have you run Amplitube from within a DAW yet or are you just using it as a standalone ? And what other music production software have you tried ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby kevinfarrell53 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:41 pm

I'm using it in standalone mode only, desktop serves as DAW, i have used it with Riffstation for guitar practice and Showplay for trax and lyrics when playing live, the audio from both of these programs is coming out of the headphone jack, but soon I'll try a USB C style hub needed cause surface has only 1 usb C port BTW i'm happy @ 256 ms but it will run well@ 128
kevinfarrell53

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Interesting... after you've used it for a while give us a review when you find the time.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby kevinfarrell53 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:47 am

;) I used the surface go on the gig last nite, i play solo w/ tracks, signal flow is Vocal mic> harmonizer> mixer, tracks thru win 10 laptop using "showplay" via USB to mixer, guitar to Stomp I/O running Surface Go, left Chanel to mixer, right to harmonizer. mixer mono to Yamaha BR10 on the floor, out to house sound.
The Stomp crashed during set up: i had it working and the first time i went into Ultra Tuner mode it Froze and crashed, and after crashes the thing reverts to WDM driver, Weird? Btw surface was in airplane mode at the time the only thing running the rest of the nite was Amplitube and the Resource manager,
So i rebooted everything and reset the driver @ 128 ms and she worked Fine the rest of the nite. [4 sets] I still need to tweak my rigs but i think they sound better than my ios rigs.
So while its still a bit of a work in progress i'm pleased and I'll use the windows rig this sat/sun, though i have my ipad for back up just in case.
So my current experience is it Will run with a Surface Go with a little tweaking
kevinfarrell53

Re: Surface Go is working fine [well maybe not so]

Postby kevinfarrell53 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:42 am

still trying to use Stomp i/o and surface go on a 4 nite a week gig, some nites it works fine others I am having issue[s] i have a ticket in but no response yet.... been a couple of days. so i plug everything in and start surface go, start Amplatube, go to stomp mode and live mode, so far so good, everything works, then i go into ultra tuner [switch #3] and start tuning, and pedal disconnects, i get the "stomp io has just been plugged in" message, and now i have no pedal controll whatsoever AND in the settings it has reverted to the wdm drivers, usually a reboot and holding switch 1 during power up [even though im not using it as a standalone midi controller,] will get it working, but this is a nerve racking pita..... i wish IK would get back to me sooner [Sigh] :?: :idea:
kevinfarrell53

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:39 am

Hey kevinfarrell53.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Intermittent ones are always the hardest to diagnose/cure :roll:

If you reply here with your ticket number, either Peter_IK or Ryan_IK will put a call into Official Support on your behalf to try and find out where they are at with the fault. You should also reply to the ticket advising them that you are still having issues.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kevinfarrell53 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 pm

thanks Ryan
ticket 431550 the problem seems to happen ONLY when i use the Ultra Tuner, i used the standard tuner last nite and did not have this issue... though i has 2 others
I'm making slooww progress
thanks again 8-)
kevinfarrell53

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling