FCB1010 and presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

FCB1010 and presets

Postby chicagobears316 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:26 am

Hello,

I've had a FCB1010 for a few years, just getting around to setting it up. It's the first board I've ever used, so trying to get a handle on the tech.

I figure out how to program the cc's, but am confused on how to program it to change presets.

Is the only option 'previous'/'next' (it's all I see mentioned in the manual), or can I assign a specific pedal to a given preset for switching between them? I see that I can give them numbers and organize them, but can't figure out what to do from there.
chicagobears316

Re: FCB1010 and presets

Postby chicagobears316 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:27 am

Figured it out finally.

Have a new question. I don't see it as an option, so I'M guessing the answer is not possible, but just thought I'd check. Prev/next Preset options are nice, but run through a lot of things that I don't need/use. I'm thinking that what would work better is previous/next track (to cycle the 8 tracts on the left side of the screen - or just choosing the track# with each assigned a pedal) since I could have them all be project specific and then not have to memorize infinite presets for different songs. I'm not seeing the option I would need for this command. Does one exist?
chicagobears316

Postby mcleishmike » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:30 am

I'm using an FCB1010, but it's programmed to control MainStage, not AT4 directly.

I use MainStage as the DAW and AT4 as a plugin. I have a patch for every song. I use 2 of the FCB1010 buttons to step through the Mainstage patches (songs).

For each gig, MainStage lets me drag/drop the patches into any order, so I make it the same order as the band's set list.

When I create a new patch/song, I add the AT4 plugin and select the tone I want (or create a new one). I just do that once, then MainStage remembers the AT4 tone I selected everytime I go to that patch.

Having dozens of AT4 instances loaded simultaneously eats massive amounts of RAM, though!

I've also programmed the FCB1010 to toggle the tuner, metronome, and virtual stompbox FX.
mcleishmike

Postby MarqueeBee » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:22 am

mcleishmike your setup sounds similar to mine, it's how I work currently, but have you figured out how to switch presets from within Mainstage within 1 patch? In some songs/patches I need to be able to switch between presets.... I can only seem to control stompboxes, which not the best of amplitube....
MarqueeBee

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling