amplitube max and pro tools

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

amplitube max and pro tools

Postby David love » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi, Im new to the world of computerized guitar amp mods and home recording. Any advise is greatly helpful. Last week I downloaded amplitube max and the free pro tools daw ( I believe, lol) for home recording. The amplitube max shows amplitube 4 loaded, I assume its the same program. It works great! I have everything loaded for my interface which it the Scarlett 4i4< that work great also. I connot get pro tools to recognize amplitube max. Any suggestions to help get me up and learning how to record?
Thank you in advance,
David, AKA, way over my head :shock: :D
David love

Re: amplitube max and pro tools

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 am

Hello David and welcome to the forum.

As far as I can remember, you cannot use third party plugins with Pro Tools First, unless they are purchased via the Avid Marketplace. This is one of the limitations of Pro Tools First I'm afraid.

You don't say which OS you are using but if you have a Mac then you'll find that you can use (and record with) AmpliTube in Garageband.

Other than that, you could try out Reaper by Cockos, which has a fully-functional 60-day trial licence after which, if you like the DAW, you can purchase a full licence for a very reasonable cost. Reaper is available for both Windows and macOS.

David love wrote: The amplitube max shows amplitube 4 loaded, I assume its the same program. It works great!

Yes, AmpliTube 4 is the main app and the MAX part is the level of package that you have bought and therefore the amount of pieces of gear available to use.

Hope that is of some help to you.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby David love » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 am

Thank you very much! I will give that daw a try. Really the only reason I went with pro tools is that it seems to be the daw a lot of people I know talk about. I also didn’t want to spend a lot of money until I know what I’m looking at lol.
Again ty for the help
David love

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:06 am

Yes Pro Tools First can be a little limited (though it is still a great introduction to the features in the full versions of Pro Tools).

Reaper is a great DAW for sure and there are also frequent specials on Harrison Mixbus or Harrison Mixbus 32C if you are looking for more of a console-like workflow.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling