[RESOLVED] Irig HD2/Amplitube 4 VST/Cakewalk DAW

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] Irig HD2/Amplitube 4 VST/Cakewalk DAW

Postby neil.cummins1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Experts,
While waiting for my support ticket to be picked up(#227228),does anyone have any tips in terms of specific settings in order to get some functionality from a combination of iRig HD2 and Amplitube 4 inside Cakewalk DAW,as the new interface is non-functional on my Windows 10 PC from new(Christmas),despite following all the steps in the user manuals for both hardware and software.This is both in standalone mode and as a VST plugin.

The iRig HD2 in contrast worked,quite literally,out of the box when connected to my IOS device with no intervention required of any sort,so this is not a hardware issue.

Some specifics would be welcome in terms of exactly what settings to use inside Cakewalk ie Preferences>Audio in order to correctly configure the HD2 as the default device instead of the stock RealTek sound card.

I currently can only get highly distorted audio playback when using Amplitube 4 in VST mode,there is no response to any input from my guitar ie the intense blue LED changing to green/orange/red.

When used in standalone mode,I'm getting a 50/50 split of Audio Device error messages and no ASIO4ALL task bar icon.

I have re-installed Amplitube 4.8.0 twice.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Regards

Neil
neil.cummins1

Re: Irig HD2/Amplitube 4 VST/Cakewalk DAW

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:13 pm

I see you followed the manual but to be 100% sure, have you checked the settings and steps at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076 too? Please check that out and if you are following those settings and steps it should work in both standalone and DAW for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neil.cummins1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 am

Hi Peter,
I did finally manage to get some output in both Standalone and VST modes in Windows 10 ,however the behaviour of the software is not consistent(at least for me) and still unstable.
Examples being:-
1. Replication of the setup in the ASIO window is not consistent from one attempt to the next using replicated settings,one instance will work,then on logout and reconnection of the hardware and App setup,no output.

2. Performance is also highly variable inside Cakewalk(again,for me at least)with multiple crashes and DAW lockups alongside some occasional output.

This is where some user experience from within this forum is needed,as if I take the issue to Bandlab,in all probability they will refer me back to IK Multimedia suggesting that it is a product issue on this side of the fence,given that the DAW works fine when the iRig 2 HD is not being used.

In mitigation,the iRig HD2 works superbly in IOS,quite literally,out of the box with no intervention needed and in multiple IOS-based DAWs.So I can at least use the product in this respect and get some usable material.

Just some disappointment that it's intended role,ie in Windows,appears to be a major hurdle to overcome.

Any suggestions before I give up?

Would running a Firmware check/upgrade using the online tool provided help here?

Regards

Neil.
neil.cummins1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:51 pm

It should not be a hurdle and I would recommend working with IK Support rather than Bandlab directly in order to get any kinks worked out.

But I'd always recommend a firmware check and update if available. That's a good start.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neil.cummins1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi Peter,
As far as Standalone mode is concerned,the Firmware upgrade tool appears to have nudged the iRig HD2 into action,and I now have consistent output.

So Step #1 complete.

Step #2 ie getting Amplitube 4 to function inside Cakewalk is still not working,given that there are settings both in the Amplitube audio settings and Preferences menu inside Cakewalk,to facilitate distortion and latency-free playback and recording through the HD2 and Amplitube 4 VST and get them to work together.

In this respect,which of the following choices would you recommend?

1. Await your Support team to acknowledge ticket # 227228,which is still Open since 26/12/2018 and proceed with them,assuming they can advise on what to set correctly inside Cakewalk?
2. Raise a new thread on this forum and see if any fellow HD2/Amplitube 4/Cakewalk users can offer help?
3. Contact Bandlab for assistance?

Closer,but not quite the cigar yet.

Thanks,

Neil
neil.cummins1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:48 pm

I've been told that your ticket will be looked at, I do not know what happened but a support rep should be contacting you if they have not done so already. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neil.cummins1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 am

Hi Peter,
A combination of the Firmware refresh and a lot of trial and error,I now have the iRig HD2 and Amplitube 4 fully functional in Standalone and VST mode in Cakewalk.

There is some occasional inconsistent performance with the VST mode locking up Cakewalk,but this would be the subject of another thread or ticket.

Ticket #227228 can now be closed.

Many Thanks

Neil
neil.cummins1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Great to hear, thanks for following up here!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: [RESOLVED] Irig HD2/Amplitube 4 VST/Cakewalk DAW

Postby pmac225 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:58 pm

I wouldn't mind knowing how this was resolved. I am trying to get Amplitube to work within Sonar 7. Even better, would be to get Irig 2 HD to work. Right now, I am getting an ASIO conflict, where I can only use one or the other. Also, If I use Amplitube w/Irig as a stand alone, it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get sound the next time using my DAW.
pmac225

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:18 pm

pmac225 wrote:I wouldn't mind knowing how this was resolved. I am trying to get Amplitube to work within Sonar 7. Even better, would be to get Irig 2 HD to work. Right now, I am getting an ASIO conflict, where I can only use one or the other. Also, If I use Amplitube w/Irig as a stand alone, it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get sound the next time using my DAW.

Honestly this is not likely the same exact issue as OP. I'd recommend working directly with IK Support who will be able to diagnose and help resolve your issues expediently via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pauloromero » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:03 am

Hi, I am having a very similar problem. My IRig 2 HD is working fine in Windows 10 with Amplitube standalone, but it is not working on Cakewalk DAW. I'm not receiving any input on it, and Amplitube plugin is not receiving any input either.

I already updated the firmware but it's still the same issue. And in Cakewalk I have ASIO as selected driver (same way as I use in Amplitube standalone and it works).

Thanks!
pauloromero

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 pm

Please contact Support on the link given above for some one to one help and guidance.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling