Ik multi media site refuses connection

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Ik multi media site refuses connection

Postby jimcore89 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:40 am

I'm typing this on my phone because I cannot connect to the ikmultimedia site on my mac. It says ikmultimedia refused to connect and that it's an unsecure network. I just bought amplitube 4 yesterday and gave them my money and I can't get to the site to download any of the software or authorization manager to my mac. I have called sweet water and they were no help and since ik doesnt have a customer service line, I have no way to contact you guys. I need help!
jimcore89

Re: Ik multi media site refuses connection

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:31 am

Hello jimcore89 and welcome to the forum.

I have just navigated parts of the site (on a Mac) including my User Area for downloads and have not had any problems.

Can I suggest that you give it a little time and try again. It may be something to do with your ISP. Alternatively, sometimes, refreshing your browser cache may work.

If you are still experiencing problems you could raise a ticket with official IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they may be able to help you. This should be accessible via a phone but be aware that they endeavour to answer tickets within 1-2 working days, which may be disrupted due to the holidays and New Year.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Noibe999 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi,
Did you find an answer to your issue? Because I have the same problem, after buying Amplitube 4 too, and I don't have an answer from the support service of IK Multimedia.

Thanks.
Noibe999

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Noibe999 wrote:Hi,
Did you find an answer to your issue? Because I have the same problem, after buying Amplitube 4 too, and I don't have an answer from the support service of IK Multimedia.

Thanks.

The IK site is up, you can check if a site is up but not available to you by using something like https://down.com/

If you have a ticket open, the team will get back to you within a few business days. Please note that we have guidelines on posting about something you've got a support ticket open for as well, at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Noibe999 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for your answer,

The website seems available, so I guess it's me. I will wait for an answer for my ticket, but it's been 4 days and I don't have any news.

Thnaks!
Noibe999

Postby HelioJunior1906 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi! I am facing the same problem... I can acess the ik multimedia website from my phone (Android, connected to the same wifi network as my Mac) and I can't connect to the website to download my amplitube 4 on my macbook, does anyone has any updtades on this?
HelioJunior1906

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Can you try a different browser on your MacBook?

Or contact Support, on the link above, from your phone. They should be able to sort you out. (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

And. unlike the other users above, please let us know how your solved the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm

From your computer please do a traceroute to www.ikmultimedia.com and have that information ready for the team when you open a ticket via your phone.

Also, note that some nefarious programs will change your HOSTS file so that may be the issue so you'd want to check that file isn't rerouting your network traffic to our site (and possibly others) back to 127.0.0.1 (localhost, your - and every - machine's localhost internal address) or to another IP address.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Noibe999 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:16 am

DarkStar wrote:Can you try a different browser on your MacBook?

Or contact Support, on the link above, from your phone. They should be able to sort you out. (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

And. unlike the other users above, please let us know how your solved the problem.

I didn't reply to the topic because I didn't found any answer to my problem on this topic or by opening a ticket, and I'm a bit annoyed because I don't have access to AT4
Noibe999

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi Noibe999

Noibe999 wrote:I didn't reply to the topic because I didn't found any answer to my problem on this topic or by opening a ticket, and I'm a bit annoyed because I don't have access to AT4

If you feel your issue has not been resolved satisfactorily by Support you can send Ryan_IK a PM with your ticket number and he will try and bump it for you. Alternatively, if you reply to your support ticket/email asking if they are any further forward with your issue this will also bump Support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Looks like our representative asked questions in your ticket on January 24th which have not received an answer. Please reply to that and they will continue to assist you and resolve your issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alemarrena » Wed May 27, 2020 1:53 am

Same here. Haven't been able to access Ikmultimedia's site for years. I've changed computer, city, OS, and always the same thing. Gave up using IKmultimidia's products in part because of this. How can this type of problem go on forever like this? Seriously... Unbelievable. PS. I can access the site through my iPhone. The problem is accessing with the Mac, on ANY browser. Strangely I CAN access this forum on the Mac.
alemarrena

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The vast majority of Mac users do not run into the problem you are having.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here with details of what happens and any error messages etc for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Sounds like you have an altered HOSTS file or similar. Some nefarious programs will do that. Please check that ikmultimedia.com is not set to 127.0.0.1 or localhost or similar there (it shouldn't be in your HOSTS file at all). There are various reasons how that happens, mostly via a topic that is zero tolerance for discussion on this forum per the rules so I'll just say go ahead and check that and you should be able to resolve the issue if it is an altered HOSTS file.

Note also that no IK software does nor ever did alter any users' HOSTS file.

Also note our site has been consistently up (there's a link provided above to check if it is down for only you, so this isn't an issue to be fixed on the IK side, I'm sorry to say). There were some issues with download links specifically yesterday but not the whole site.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alemarrena » Wed May 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Thank you guys, I've opened a support ticket and have already received a response. We're verifying what the problem may be. Just want to say that this happened on an old Mac I had, and happens on the brand new one I bought, clean OS. And IKmultimedia's website is the only one to repeatedly refuse connection. So it's a pretty strange thing. But thanks anyway!
alemarrena

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling