Recording pedal effects?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Recording pedal effects?

Postby Vikzilla » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:24 am

I am using Amplitube for iPad, via my iRig Stomp I/O. When recording a track that involves the pedal (I.e. the whamometer), the effect works as I am recording. However, when I play the recording back the pedal effect is not there. What gives?
Vikzilla

Re: Recording pedal effects?

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

At this time, the AmpliTube iOS app will record the DRY audio from your connected audio interface. The AmpliTube iOS FX are then applied after you record. These can be enabled/disabled using the 'FX' button in your Mixer/DAW pages of AmpliTube. Unfortunately, this does not include automation. To record your performance's processed signal use GarageBand with AmpliTube as an Inter-app Audio effect.

-Download/open GarageBand
    -Create a new track
    -Scroll to the 'External' option
    -Select the 'Inter-app Audio' option
    -Select AmpliTube as an 'Inter-app Audio Effect'
After recording you can copy/paste this back into your AmpliTube project if you wish to continue editing in AmpliTube.

Let me know if you need any extra help with this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby rainwalkermusic » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 pm

but if u wanna record 24 bit 96k.. i dont think garageband can record at that resolution, thereby diminishing the track.
rainwalkermusic

Postby Vikzilla » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:24 am

Ryan_IK wrote:Hello,
To record your performance's processed signal use GarageBand with AmpliTube as an Inter-app Audio effect.
After recording you can copy/paste this back into your AmpliTube project if you wish to continue editing in AmpliTube.

Thanks Ryan, I will try recording my automated guitar in Garageband with Amplitube as an inter-app effect (I did not know you could do that!). Very cool
Vikzilla

Postby mishmael » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 pm

:shock: Is this my answer ? I'm having difficulty recording pedal effects bypass (on/off) with Adobe Audition CC 2019 during mixdown . Can I record my moves in the Standalone mode instead ?
mishmael

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm

mishmael wrote::shock: Is this my answer ? I'm having difficulty recording pedal effects bypass (on/off) with Adobe Audition CC 2019 during mixdown . Can I record my moves in the Standalone mode instead ?

This thread is about the iOS version of AmpliTube. Please open a ticket with IK Support about your automation/MIDI not working for you in Audition via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure they can assist. Closing this thread to avoid further confusion. IK Support will surely help you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling