Importing into Recording

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Importing into Recording

Postby bbmuddywolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Just starting out with figuring out the recording area of AmpliTube 4 on iPad. I did not see any comment in the manual regarding importing audio as one of the tracks. Is there a way to do this? I’m thinking of drum tracks tracks or even whole backing tracks? Which also raises the question of whether I can import a drum loop from AmpliTube into a recording track?
bbmuddywolf

Re: Importing into Recording

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 am

Hello bbmuddywolf and welcome to the forum.

This is from the AT4 Manual for Mac/PC:
11.2 - Importing audio
To import an audio clip to the 8-track recorder, select Import Audio… from the File menu, then browse to the audio clip and select it, or simply drag and drop the audio file from anywhere in your computer to the waveform display window. All common audio formats are supported. When an audio clip is imported, it is placed at the beginning of the selected audio track.

And, looking at the picture at the start of the chapter it shows an Imported Drum Track. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ilia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:58 am

Darkstar, I am not sure that’s the answer for the iPad version. There’s no file menu on the iOS version
Ilia

Postby Ilia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:59 pm

This is what I just worked out - there TWO ways to do it: to import audio from another program, e.g. Cubasis into the AmpliTube 8 track Recorder (purchase of Recorder required) -
1. Mix down that part in Cubasis, if it is a freeze of midi, then you will find it using the Files app (newer devices only) and navigate to e.g. Cubasis, Projects, that project’s name and Audio. You will find that audio file with the “freeze” in the name.
2. In the Files app, tap that audio file until you can share. Choose Copy to AmpliTube. This will open AmpliTube with a blank (on my iPad it opens another instance of AmpliTube - I didn’t know this was possible). You need to go to the Trainer (to the left of the Looper) and the file will be there for you to practice. However...
3. In the Trainer, you will see a Studio icon above the list of files kinda looks like multiple lanes of something with a down arrow - click on that.
4. Your file is now inserted into the recorder.

I wish the manual had that instead of vague reference to copy that doesn’t work most of the time.

There is another method, if you own AudioShare or similar - open an audio file in there, click copy to general paste in and then AmpliTube recorder will paste it. But a lot of people stopped using this AudioShare once Files feature appeared in IOS, so AmpliTube - you have to update this, me thinks.
Ilia

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling