Preset Xchange Deleted?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Preset Xchange Deleted?

Postby richo144 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Where is preset xchange now? there is a new link or was completely removed?
there are any plans of a new xchange platform?

regards.
richo144

Re: Preset Xchange Deleted?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:54 pm

There is not preeset xchange on the new IK website, but I have proposed the idea of hosting the links (but we don't have uploads available so the presets themselves would need to be stored elsewhere) here on this forum. I'll follow up with the appropriate people here at IK to see if this might work. Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Loonatick1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Is there any update on the how/when by now?

I do understand that you are 'just' the messenger and back when I was working at a tech helpdesk I have learned 'do not shoot the messenger' but IK should and could have sorted this out by now.

We (as in the userbase) are not asking for the impossible but merely just for some basic functions that come with a product that we use. Even just some proper info of what we can expect would suffice.
Loonatick1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Unfortunately I do not have any news on bringing the Preset XChange back at this time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Loonatick1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Unfortunately I do not have any news on bringing the Preset XChange back at this time.

Alright mate, thanks for ur reply! I hope that you do understand that I'm aware of the fact that you are not in the position to change how it is now nor trying to provoke/blame you on the current situation.

I do have to say that I find it striking that there hasn't been an AMP4 x-change since the release back in 2015. To finish it of without any prior publication/notice the whole thing seems to be on retirement growing oranges in Sicily.

Keep on the good work moderating the fora and have a good eve.
Loonatick1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Thank you, I understand, no offense taken at all. And thank you for the kind words. You have a good evening too.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby michelfavron » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:53 am

I think it's a shame that Preset XChange has disapeared. What a disapointment! Bring it back please.
michelfavron

Postby binhck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 am

We are living in open world of user sharing.
Bring it back please, and make it better, easier for users to share and to load to their own software
binhck

Postby carlaz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:05 pm

If you're on Facebook, you can search for an "Amplitube 4 Preset Exchange" group, and join. It just lets people post individual presets, etc., so there's no real organization of anything -- but ... it's something!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Loonatick1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 pm

I have an online hosting thingy and I am not using it atm.

If there is someone willing to make an easy and simple layout for a website, I'll register and pay for the domain (amplitubepresets.com?) and host the presets.

I'm done with IK not doing it and the FB page is a good attempt but it lacks search functions etc. Its kinda hard to find a preset on that page.
Loonatick1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling