Fresh Installation of AmpliTube 3 question..

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Fresh Installation of AmpliTube 3 question..

Postby shantijoe » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello
My hard drive failed so I'm reinstalling this program.
I have entered the serial number then am directed to registration.
I follow the registration link but it's no longer valid: (it was previously registered)
Do I need to re-register for this product to work on my system?

thanks, joe
shantijoe

Re: Fresh Installation of AmpliTube 3 question..

Postby garfy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello shantijoe

I'm not sure what you mean by "...follow the registration link.." but all you should need to do is put your serial number in the Authorisation Manager and you're software will become usable (as long as you haven't re-authorised 10 times before).

If this is the case but you are still having problems, open a ticket with official IK support and they will give you some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 am

garfy wrote:Hello shantijoe

I'm not sure what you mean by "...follow the registration link.." but all you should need to do is put your serial number in the Authorisation Manager and you're software will become usable (as long as you haven't re-authorised 10 times before).

If this is the case but you are still having problems, open a ticket with official IK support and they will give you some one-to-one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Garfy, is there a limit on re-authorizing and what happens after 10 times ? Would we have to re-purchase AmpliTube again ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby garfy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 am

You initially have 10 authorisation to use. If you manage to use those up, authorisation will likely fail and you'll need to contact official IK Support and explain your situation. It is in their power/discretion to allow more authorisations to be made available to you.

I've never had to do it, so couldn't talk you through the process I'm afraid.

Did you manage to fix your problem yourself or did you contact official IK Support?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:47 pm

garfy wrote:You initially have 10 authorisation to use. If you manage to use those up, authorisation will likely fail and you'll need to contact official IK Support and explain your situation. It is in their power/discretion to allow more authorisations to be made available to you.

I've never had to do it, so couldn't talk you through the process I'm afraid.

Did you manage to fix your problem yourself or did you contact official IK Support?

No, actually I was just reading through some threads and came across your post. I wasn't familiar with the 10 auth limit and just wanted to ask. Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Musical.Alchemy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling