Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby cybermaster » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm

More boutique fuzzes, please. It's cool to see ZVex Seek Trem and Wah in there, but where is the Fuzz Factory and Woolly Mammoth? Would like to see more variety of fuzz generally. Having a Big Muff in there is a good stock choice already, but what about all the different variations of Muff? They can sound very different than one another. Maybe a tweakable Muff style with switches for different tones?

A utility for profiling my own gear? Not sure if that would be possible with the amps and pedals, but it would be amazing if it were, especially if i could share the results.

A utility for building my own amp and pedal models from scratch? I'm imagining a visually-oriented program where a user could patch together different circuit building blocks to create custom amp and effect models. Add in a feature for making a customized GUI for the finished thing, and the ability to share with others, and you potentially have an avenue for a market for people to sell their creations to other users. Even if I couldn't share it, it would still be amazing fun to have as a feature.

Really enjoying AmpliTube so far. Most satisfying headphone jamming experience I've ever had in my 32 years of playing, and really fixed up some recordings where I hadn't been satisfied with my DI tone.
cybermaster

Postby mv2112 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 pm

Seconded, I’d love to be able to build my own amp but suspect that would ruin the custom shop.

Mmmm EF86 pre, 5e3 power stage...
mv2112

Postby Sandro153 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Would be nice the Mesa/Boogie Lone Star and a Dumble Overdrive Special.
I would like a good envelope filter too.

That's it thanks. :D

Alessandro
Sandro153

Postby Lydian_Pisceano » Mon May 04, 2020 3:29 pm

If no one has yet to mention this, I'd like to see the digital recreation of the Mesa Boogie Mk IIC+ to be included in the Mesa collection. I have the Mk IV so far and it's a great model for the kind of music I play(which fits within the rock/metal category for the most part). Have been contemplating on purchasing the Mk III at some point as well. But the stories of Mk IIC+'s have always fascinated me and made me want to play through one. Since they don't make this model any more(unless we start getting into the JP2C's) at Mesa, I think the virtual C+ would be the next best option if both IK and Mesa could see potential in the idea.

Another one, and if I recall correctly someone has already mentioned this before, is the Hughes & Kettner TriAmp. This would be a very nice addition as well indeed.
Lydian_Pisceano

Postby carlaz » Mon May 04, 2020 6:41 pm

Lydian_Pisceano wrote:If no one has yet to mention this, I'd like to see the digital recreation of the Mesa Boogie Mk IIC+ to be included in the Mesa collection. [...] But the stories of Mk IIC+'s have always fascinated me and made me want to play through one. Since they don't make this model any more(unless we start getting into the JP2C's) at Mesa, I think the virtual C+ would be the next best option if both IK and Mesa could see potential in the idea.

Yeah, I think everyone wants a IIC+, thanks to Metallica and John Petrucci! :mrgreen: But I also presume there are reasons Mesa doesn't seem to want to go there, otherwise I'm sure that would have come up (and perhaps did!) in discussions between them and IKM. (Remembering that Orange doesn't make early '70s-spec OR120s any more, but did officially authorize IKM's digital model based on an actual one of those.)

To be fair, my understanding is that there can be a fair bit of variation in real examples of the IIC+ (some of which had extra "++" mods anyway, like the Metallica ones). And, of course, if one is chasing Metallica tones, there are all kinds of things that Flemming Rasmussen did in the studio -- and, probably even if one replicated them somehow, I still wouldn't sound like Metallica. :roll:

I think if one is chasing an IIC+ sort of tone, IMO, going with the MKIII model and then messing around with cabs and speakers is perhaps the best bet. (Or buying a bunch of used IIC+ amps on eBay or Reverb and keeping the one you like best! But that's more expensive. :roll: )

I spent ages trying to EQ-match isolated Metallica guitar tracks in Amplitube, using various EQ-unit models in the effects loop and the rack section ... but in the end, I decided that just the MKIII with Metallica-like settings and some different cab and speaker options sounded better to me. :lol: (I did basically the same thing trying to EQ-match early Iommi tones, but then decided that my own "approximation" sounded better than the hugely EQ-tweaked version! :lol: )
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Lydian_Pisceano » Wed May 06, 2020 3:48 pm

@carlaz

Those are some really good points indeed. I suppose a lot of us share the same wish, and it's always fun to dream, eh? :-)

I've also read about all these different versions of Mk II's. The most recent article I read on the C+'s was about one of Prince's C+'s that apparently was initially a Mk IIB(the engineer at Mesa did the conversion and sent it back to Prince), which then years later ended up at a secondhand shop, or something. The article said he had three C+'s that were originally B's. It was an interesting read.

I made like one preset that reflects the Black album era Metallica tone via the Mk IV. You're right, it's all about the cab and speaker selections. Although in my case, I've been able to get a pretty close tone with an additional rack EQ on top of that. Seems a bit of a dip in the 1.2kHz can get the tone to be closer to the Black album sound. Of course, the only problem is that I can't really use that sound for my own music, LOL.
Lydian_Pisceano

Postby carlaz » Wed May 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Lydian_Pisceano wrote:I suppose a lot of us share the same wish, and it's always fun to dream, eh? :-)

Oh, yes! Dream on! 8-) I spent years asking Santa Claus to get IKM to put a treble booster stomp model in AmpliTube, but one finally came along in the Brian May package! :mrgreen:

Now I'm just waiting for the standard Marshall 100w Super Lead and Super Bass with various matching cabs (the JH Gold is cool, but you can never have too many vintage Marshall options), the Laney 100w Supergroup with matching cabs (sure, it tried to clone the Marhsall, but: Iommi! And Marshall was trying to clone the Fender Bassman anyway, which I have, too! :mrgreen: ), updated stomps from the AT2/Metal era, like for Tubescreamers and Big Muffs ... that Binson Echorec people have been talking about ... a Colorsound fuzz-wah model .... :mrgreen:

So, we may as well keep dreaming!

Lydian_Pisceano wrote:I've also read about all these different versions of Mk II's. The most recent article I read on the C+'s was about one of Prince's C+'s that apparently was initially a Mk IIB(the engineer at Mesa did the conversion and sent it back to Prince), which then years later ended up at a secondhand shop, or something. The article said he had three C+'s that were originally B's. It was an interesting read.

Ha! I was just reading that the other day, too! And, yes: interesting read. The '80s seem to have been one of the golden ages of modded amps, as everyone went nuts trying to get more gain. Besides all those, IIC+(+) amps, everyone was tinkering with their JCM 800s, and even Slash's AFD tone was a bastardized old non-MV Marshall that the AFD100 now tries to emulate. Soldano basically got its start from modding people's Marshalls, no?

Lydian_Pisceano wrote:I made like one preset that reflects the Black album era Metallica tone via the Mk IV. You're right, it's all about the cab and speaker selections. Although in my case, I've been able to get a pretty close tone with an additional rack EQ on top of that. Seems a bit of a dip in the 1.2kHz can get the tone to be closer to the Black album sound. Of course, the only problem is that I can't really use that sound for my own music, LOL.

Well, sure you could, if it worked. :mrgreen: You'd probably not play the same thing Hetfield played anyway. From what I've read, the Black album stuff with Bob Rock was even more complex than the stuff on earlier albums with Rasmussen. Different blends of bits of Marshall and Mesa gear, recorded in various ways, processed in various ways .... I haven't even tried to go there! Besides, I don't have EMGs or Hetfield's fingers .... :lol:

But, frankly, with either a Mesa III or IV, if you dial it in scooped and do some evil palm muting, I think one quickly starts hearing Metallica vibes. Messing with the cabs/speakers and EQs and stuff is almost icing on the cake. :)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby FrThib » Sun May 10, 2020 4:51 pm

I would like to have some mic placement preset, or "easy mode" where something in the cab section would take our cursor and guide it (or snap-it) with the possibility to disable that functionnality, dodging mistakes it would requires years of experience to (re) discover.. Not a preset as-is, but a toggle or "classic positions" list with let's say, a sm57/r121 or a 421 and a u67, to sm57 peferctly "phase-misaligned"..

I would also like to have access to the "raw" ir, not treated one.. A sm57 on the cab center is bright(er) and nasty(er) than what's in amplitube.. I would like to apply my own treatment on the result.. It would also "modernize" amplitube by giving it more bite and presenceé

Last one, the option to place a mic on the back of the cab for resonance
FrThib

Postby stateofepicicity » Sun May 10, 2020 6:34 pm

FrThib wrote:I would also like to have access to the "raw" ir, not treated one.. A sm57 on the cab center is bright(er) and nasty(er) than what's in amplitube.. I would like to apply my own treatment on the result.. It would also "modernize" amplitube by giving it more bite and presenceé

Hey there FrThib,

I do believe that running two instances of the VST or VST3 immediately after one another, disabling everything after the amp in the first and everything before the cab in the second, gives you something close to the raw IR. If you take any preset, a factory one or one that you create, and run Amplitube this way, you'll find that with the same exact chain with the same settings, low end acts differently, more like a raw IR. That's the only way I run most of the the 4 x 12s in Amplitube, and I use that to control the bass. Best of luck!
stateofepicicity

Postby FrThib » Sun May 10, 2020 6:55 pm

that's a really nice trick i will absolutely give a try and investigate.. big thanks

edit : tryed it, didn't heard any difference..
FrThib

Postby stateofepicicity » Sun May 10, 2020 7:24 pm

I think the big difference my method makes is really in the low end. A good way to test is to use a bass heavy amp & cab, like the 5150 with matching cab, palm mute stuff on the 5th string. You should see a big difference in how the bass responds.
stateofepicicity

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Please remember this is a wishlist thread. If you have something other than a feature request, take it to another thread.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Gero88 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:32 am

I know that we can already use some pedals in the insert tab, but not all the pedals are available there. Update it so we could choose any pedal in the insert/fx loop section, and if possible, have the option to change it from 4 unit rack to a 6 pedal layout. I was actually giving this suggestion based on seeing on how Tom Morello runs his effects. Thanks.

Amp Requests:
Dumble Overdrive Special
Dumble Steel String Singer

Effects:
BOSS CS-3
A Proper model of the BOSS DD-3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BOSS DS-2

Bundles/Package
Kurt Cobain - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
John Frusciante - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
Tom Morello - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
Carlos Santana - Any of his gears that are not in Amplitube
Gero88

Always looking for more Fender amps!

Postby jabryant1961 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:21 am

I know there are already many Fender amps for AT (I have them all), but I am always wishing for more.....

- Hot Rod Deluxe
- Hot Rod DeVille
- '68 Customer Twin Reverb
- Super Champ
- Any of the Bassbreakers
- Frontman

Just hoping and wishing..... :P
Last edited by jabryant1961 on Thu May 21, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jabryant1961

Postby matheusnunesv » Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Some ambience effects, like shimmer reverb or something like strymon bigsky pedal. Worship guitarists would be thankful!
matheusnunesv

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling