Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby chicagobears316 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:17 pm

related to my other post, it seems you can't midi switch between tracks and that would be useful. I could save each song as a project and tweak it as needed and just choose the preset I want by going through the 8 tracks instead of having to remember a bunch of different presets and possibly choosing the wrong one, or picking the right one but having the volumes off etc.

better cut and paste in the DAW, sometimes I can't line things up where they need to be, it seems impossible. Something like ctrl+drag to keep it in line with the end of the piece a section was cut from would be awesome.

In the future, live integration with Tracks so I can play it live the way I want- not play it, save it and edit it.

tone match

custom IR's

live mode for other midi controllers besides the stomp

Also a general item, more options of packages with hardware - i.e. I'd probably buy the new interface right now, but have everything it comes with so it feels like I'm wasting money on things I already have and I will wait to see if it is packaged with something I need. Having a barebones (interface only), 1 or more combinations of software for those looking for lots of software, and maybe another option with gear credits in place of specific software would be awesome.

speaking of which - I was surprised the new one is still USB 2.0, wouldn't 3.0 or C reduce latency? or is that not the limitation?
chicagobears316

Postby carlaz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:33 pm

I was surprised that the new interface doesn't seem to have a mic input with phantom power. (Edit: I was clearly wrong about this, as also confessed in a subsequent post. AXE I/O in fact has [i]two inputs with phantom power. Nice.[/i]) AFAIK, previous IKM interfaces were lacking in this department.
Last edited by carlaz on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby zapata71 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 pm

It is very difficult to resist the temptation to respond to the last comments. :D
1) Data transfer to play or record only one instrument per time is low, and a USB 2.0 cable is enough.
For years I have been looking for an interface that meets the characteristics suitable for those who do not have a professional studio. That is, only one input line, and only one stereo output.
Presonus, for example, has made a new series for USB 2.0, evidently in addition to the market demand, there is the statement that you do not need the Thunderbolt if you're not a film producer, or you do not have to put an interface in Abbey Road.
2) Latency, when in milliseconds, is imperceptible.
Zero Latency is a nice technological challenge, but if I have to spend 200 or 300 dollars more, so much more it costs an interface with microprocessor and DSP, then I keep quietly a latency of a few milliseconds, my ear does not even notice .
3) For Phantom Power microphones, there are adapters on Amazon that cost less than 20 euros, you can do it.
4) Within a few weeks I will buy the Axe I/O. It would not be bad for those who already have Amplitube 4 and TRacks, but not all the elements, to have a credit in Gear Points. .
Last edited by zapata71 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
zapata71

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:59 pm

zapata71 wrote:It is very difficult to resist the temptation to respond to the last comments. :D
1) Data transfer to play or record only one instrument per time is low, and a USB 2.0 cable is enough.
For years I have been looking for an interface that meets the characteristics suitable for those who do not have a professional studio. That is, only one input line, and only one stereo output.
Presonus, for example, has made a new series for USB 2.0, evidently in addition to the market demand, there is the statement that you do not need the Thunderbolt if you're not a film producer, or you do not have to put an interface in Abbey Road.
2) Latency, when in milliseconds, is imperceptible.
Zero Latency is a nice technological challenge, but if I have to spend 200 or 300 dollars more, so much more it costs an interface with microprocessor and DSP, then I keep quietly a latency of a few milliseconds, my ear does not even notice .
3) For Phantom Power microphones, there are adapters on Amazon that cost less than 20 euros, you can do it.
4) Within a few weeks I will buy the Axe I/O. It would not be bad for those who already have Amplitube 4 and TRacks, but not all the elements, to have a credit in Gear Points. .

You are correct. USB 3.0 will have ZERO effect on latency. It is a myth. Increased bandwidth of USB 3.0 will not make the data arrive any faster (even for multiple inputs simultaneously). I believe MusicRadar stated the analogy that if your postal service started using larger trucks, they'd be able to deliver more packages but you wouldn't get your packages any faster.

AXE I/O does have phantom power, just in case someone may have misunderstood the above comment about phantom power followed by the end mention of AXE I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:AXE I/O does have phantom power, just in case someone may have misunderstood the above comment about phantom power followed by the end mention of AXE I/O.

Well, definitely mea culpa, then! :shock: I clearly somehow missed the details on phantom power when I originally skimmed the description of AXE I/O -- but going back and searching through the descriptions, yes, definitely it does have phantom power (for two inputs on the back).

Well, that's awesome. AXE I/O definitely goes to the top of my list for my next replacement audio interface. Being able to also plug an expression pedal straight in should let me finally make use of the Amplitube wahs. :D
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby zapata71 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:35 pm

I think we are off topic on this subject, but (if Peter forgives me this other comment) I would like to say that also I was very confused about the question of latency and connection cables.
But I wanted to examine better the subject.
The data transfer rate speed is often confused with the data transfer capability.
USB 2.0 transfers data at 480 Mbitps (60 MB/sec).
Usb 3.0 at 4.8 Gbps (600 MB/sec).

192kHz at 24 bits per sample means 192,000 samples per second using 24 bits.
This equates to 192,000 x 24 = 4,608,000 bits of data.

That's equal to 4.4 Mbit/s

At 192Khz, at 24 bit, you only use less than 10% of the data transfer capacity of a USB 2.0 cable.

But this has nothing to do with latency, because that depends only and exclusively by the CPU of your computer. In fact, other companies have interfaces with DSP devices, with an onboard processor. But this has additional costs.
zapata71

Postby bart.childers » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 pm

My Big Wishes for AmpliTube:
- CAB IR Loader - mentioned many times
- Advanced noise reduction - something better than a gate - the Noise Reduction module in GuitarRig is quite good (as an example)
-HERE IS THE BIGGY - IT WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!
- Improve the cascading menu behavior - My god it is SO frustrating to keep re-selecting options when the menu collapses b/c I didn't keep my mouse pointer precisely aligned over the selection when I move it over to click the next item. Makes my blood boil and sucks too much joy out of playing electric guitar. Please -for the love of all this is holy - fix this.
bart.childers

Postby president.s » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm

smata65 wrote:
president.s wrote:I think that it would be a great addition if we could change channels inside the preset. To use two amps and change between them without change preset

Y can already do this, either switching them with the mouse or assigning midi control. I do this frequently with the Mesa amps, Carvin V3, Orange Thunderverb, And Slash Marshalls

Yes i know you can change channels in the same amp. i meant use a dual rig and change between the two different amps in the same preset.
president.s

Postby doug@timberwoodsound.com » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 pm

The ability when using midi to switch between on and off when using a wah pedal models that feature off/on/autowah. Right now (confirmed by IK support) it is only possible to switch between on and autowah. This makes those models useless for in live use.
The option for global tap temp using a external midi footswitch. (apparently not possible but the question was ask to IK support and they never answered that question.)
An a/b switch or stereo pan with an expression pedal to switch/pan between the two amp/stomp chains available in a preset. For live use this would allow you to load an amp for clean and an amp for a dirty and switch/pan between then without have to switch to an entirely new preset.
doug@timberwoodsound.com

Postby LordObsidious » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Here are my suggestions:

- Finish the Tone Cloud? There's a link in my program for it, but it goes to a dead website.

- Add tone matching..... but do it right or don't do it all.

- Update some of your amps. The Metal V especially needs love, it's lack luster compared to basically every other 5150 sim and having a good 5150 sim is just as important as having a good marshall sim (of which you have many)

- Add more ENGL stuff. The Fireball is a good place to start.

- Put a grid on the mic placement section. Even if it doesn't equate to "real world distance", there was no reason to remove the grid between AT3 and AT4.

- Building on that, take a look at Revalvers cab section. I like that you can freely move the mic anywhere in Amplitube but at the same time i think you should have "reference" spots users can click on for common mic placements if they want to. This would help novices who don't really get how to mic a cab.

- Automated input trim. A lot of modern sims do this now and it's helpful with people who swap guitars with different output pickups a lot. I use a trim plugin to compensate, but auto trim would be better.

- Fix the noise gate/tuner. Amplitube is notorious for having a terrible built-in noise gate and tuner, although this is partially fixed by the slash noise gate and the ultra-tuner.

- Add an IR loader.

- Make an official in-depth tutorial video. The "here watch ola's video" thing, not effective.

- Add Off-axis mic positioning.

- Update the microphones. Some of them, like the 57, seem a bit off in their frequency response.

- Clean up the Fizz/digital low end. A lot of the high gain amps are over the top fizzy or way too overcompensated on the low end, even with minimal gain.

- Make a hardware version, a legit one not another mobile port. I think with the right tweaks an amplitube rack unit would be competitive with Fractal/Kemper/Helix. The program itself, is quite good but it needs some polish to make it a "fractal killer".
LordObsidious

Postby binhck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:30 am

Let's make the user presets sharing as easy as it can.
I want to login my software, jamming, then click at a button, see presets sharing from others, listen to sample sound, rating, then click "download" and it appear on my preset list

Let's make it easy for users. Sometimes people love the software because of the experience they got, not only the quality

Cheers,
Binh
binhck

Postby gregory.glass » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:51 am

1) adjustable full screen GUI
2) t-racks fx accessible in amplitube (similar to sample tank)
3) improved gate, noise reduction pedal.
4) cab IR loader
5) more boutique gear - we love to play new brands!
6) dead easy midi support.

Love the app, can’t wait for an upgrade!
gregory.glass

Postby gatorstudio » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:48 pm

David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, or Eric Johnson bundles.
iMac, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Logic Pro X, All versions of Amplitube, and a lot of beer fueled creativity.
gatorstudio

Postby pjcass1981 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:25 am

bart.childers wrote:My Big Wishes for AmpliTube:
- CAB IR Loader - mentioned many times
- Advanced noise reduction - something better than a gate - the Noise Reduction module in GuitarRig is quite good (as an example)
-HERE IS THE BIGGY - IT WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!
- Improve the cascading menu behavior - My god it is SO frustrating to keep re-selecting options when the menu collapses b/c I didn't keep my mouse pointer precisely aligned over the selection when I move it over to click the next item. Makes my blood boil and sucks too much joy out of playing electric guitar. Please -for the love of all this is holy - fix this.

1000000000000% agree about the cascading menu thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strangely enough I find the cascading menus in Logic to behave the same way. Please fix this!

Oh, and further the development and options in the cab room. It is one of Amplitube's standout features. I know other sims have their own versions in one way or another but Amplitube's cab room stomps on the competition (pun intended)
pjcass1981

Postby pjcass1981 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am

Peter_IK wrote:On the subject of reverb, there is also Fender® '63 Reverb available as a rack or stomp effect, and you can also use CSR from T-RackS on the same track in your DAW if you'd like additional reverb options.

Also note that there are multiple amps whose reverb circuits/sections have been modeled into the amp model itself.

Oh, and you can also get some natural room reverb using the Cab Room features. This is actually a quite nice and natural way to get great natural reverb.

Definitely some good tips here. Rooms and digital reverb are taken care of in the standalone software. Some micing option for tonal variations of the room would be good. Ocean Way and Abbey Road Chambers from Waves give you this option and it really adds to the sense of space and air moving that gives some sims more realistic feeling. I think some form of plate reverb is missing and could be built into Amplitube. Plate is a very commonly used type of reverb for guitar players and perhaps throwing in some of the T Racks CSR Plate within the standalone would be an option. Often I run Amplitube in my DAW just to have the option of using the CSR's. Most of the time I'd rather not have to run Logic just to get those reverb options. Could always make it an optional upgrade for Amplitube for a small cost ;)
Fender '63 Reverb tank in stereo is needed. Nothing else about it needs to change but I'd love to see it do its thing in stereo. Kudos to IK and Fender for capturing that spring tank vibe so well.
pjcass1981

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling