Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby dreibel » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:09 am

Yes, a Dallas Rangemaster! And the BOSS Blues Driver.

A Peavey Deuce/Mace combo amplifier model. Those amps had a very unique sound due to their solid state preamps and 6L6 power tube sections. Even Peavey doesn't have these amps in ReValver.

Whatever Supro amp Jimmy Page used on the first Led Zeppelin album.

Fender Red Knob Twin, aka the Evil Twin.

BOSS OD-2 Turbo Overdrive - this one kicks up the SD-2 a notch with a mid boost.

BOSS Katana Mini amp. I'm not joking - that's an amazing sounding little amp, and it's all analogue solid state. The Brown setting is a very musical hi gain, and you can get the Crunch setting to chime.

A good stomp compressor like a JangleBox or ByrdBox - I've got the former, and I like its brighter setting - it sounds particularly great with electric 12-string for your inner Roger McGuinn .

A variety of solid state practice amps, be nice to have a ratty trashy buzz you can dub in. I'm thinking stuff like Fender Sidekick, Peavey Decade/Rage, and especially a Gorilla amp. Some of the tinier battery powered amps like those toy Marshall and Fender amps - and of course allow them to swap out to bigger speakers.

Pignose battery-powered amp. And particularly allow its cabinet to be opened or closed in the Cab Room - this amp was one of Frank Zappa's secret weapons in the studio.

H+H combo. Solid state clean but with a unique distortion edge - as heard with Wilko Johnson's Dr. Feelgood stuff.

12-string effector. This is one of the nicest features in the Amplitube Acoustic iOS app, and I'm surprised that it hasn't carried over into Amplitube 4.
dreibel

Postby carlaz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 pm

dreibel wrote:H+H combo. Solid state clean but with a unique distortion edge - as heard with Wilko Johnson's Dr. Feelgood stuff.

Oh, yeah, there were actually lots of British groups that used HH IC100 combos or heads in the '70s. Time has kind of forgotten those amps, but they were widely seen in the UK live circuit back then. (Or so I have heard! I was, like, 5 years old! :lol: ) The somewhat eerie glowing green front-panel displays would need to be a part of the model! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jjguitar » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 am

bart.childers wrote:Upgrade Amplitube FX Rack with T-Racks FX modules - BOOM!

Great suggestion !!!
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby Wallcorn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:35 am

As a user of AMPLITUBE MAX I would like to have the ACOUSTIC AMPS and matching effects for use on Windows PC / MAC.
"AmpliTube Acoustic for iPhone/iPad" is available.
So I wonder, why the same models are not included in the full AMPLITUBE versions.
Wallcorn

Postby carlaz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 am

I should like an easier way of jumping between different models than navigating through the menus .... I'm thinking, like, a right-click on the image of the given model in the interface pops access to other models of that type (amp heads, cabs, pedals, speakers, etc. -- maybe with "recently used" and/or suggested/similar models first .....
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Ad_Astra » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 pm

- Gallien Krueger 250ML and 2000CPL
- ADA MP-1
- More versatile rack reverb/delay
- A vst block to be placed anywhere (ReValver 4 Style)
- Possibility to increase the GUI size (like in T-Racks)
Ad_Astra

Postby amplitubeuser » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 am

Please add a Linux version for ARM cpu, namely Raspbian.

In other relevant forums, people seem to manage to run Guitarix on raspberry pi 3,
and now with new raspberry pi 4, if Amplitube can run on it, it will be amazing.

RP4 with 4GB/32GB is $100, and can be great for live usage.

Also Raspbian can be compiled/configured for real-time much better than Windows/macOS.

For license, not sure if software is enough, maybe need some hardware like ilok/lockey/etc,
but still it will be a great deal.
amplitubeuser

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Besides new or upgraded models, I think some of the big stuff for an Amplitube 5 could be in interface/useability for improved workflow. Yes, many have called for a scaleable or at least bigger GUI, and I'm definitely amongst those going blind staring at tiny little labels that seem only a few pixels across. :shock:

But I also think some flexibility with the menu system would be useful. One of the places I definitely go blind is squinting at the tiny text in nested drop-down menus -- and the menus are all separate from the images in the GUI.

What if I could just right-click/context-click/Ctrl-click/whatever on the GUI's image of the gear to pop-up a list/menu of options, and perhaps the list itself could be graphical (with thumbnails for the gear, instead of names)? Then, there could be things like "suggested" choices (for bits of gear judged to be commonly matched with other bits of gear you are using at present), and/or "recent choices", etc. 1

Basically, I want to be able to access, explore, and choose options more quickly and easily. I spent a lot of time in the last week or so playing with different cab and speaker models, and navigating the current menu system got really tedious. :? I sort of want to be able to click (and hold?) on the picture of the gear in the GUI to navigate my way through: "Ah, which cab? Not that one ... this one! But not the stock speakers ... fill it with these other speakers instead! Or some predefined set I've saved ...." Etc.

The faster and easier a user can flip through gear options (which is the huge advantage of digital models over physical kit) to find the tone they're looking for, the happier they will be. 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Also, just for fun, when you wildly overload a given amp/gear model (e.g. stories of the historical Marshall Majors come to mind), I think the GUI should show the unit bursting into animated flames, with animated smoke billowing out :lol: though, of course, this being the digital world, it should just carry on processing audio as normal. :mrgreen:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jeekem » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 am

I'd love a Peavey Delta Blues 210 amplifier.
jeekem

Postby bart.childers » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Ad_Astra wrote:- Gallien Krueger 250ML and 2000CPL
- ADA MP-1
- More versatile rack reverb/delay
- A vst block to be placed anywhere (ReValver 4 Style)
- Possibility to increase the GUI size (like in T-Racks)

Great suggestions.
bart.childers

Postby bart.childers » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

carlaz wrote:The faster and easier a user can flip through gear options (which is the huge advantage of digital models over physical kit) to find the tone they're looking for, the happier they will be. 8-)

This x100!
bart.childers

Postby WickedToneProduction » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Upgrade Amplitube FX Rack with T-Racks FX modules - BOOM!

Yes. Being able to load any T-Racks units in the racks and inserts.
WickedToneProduction

Postby alistairb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:17 pm

Some stuff for the bass players.

A clean blend on every effect slot would let us use more of the fx models effectively.

Darkglass B7K, Alpha Omega, Vintage Microtubes models.
A Brassmaster model (or clone like Malekko B:Assmaster)

An Eden D410XLT cab model and (probably just for me) Eden VT300 amp model would be awesome too.
alistairb

Postby MarkBog » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 am

How about a Prince collection?
MarkBog

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling