Amplitube 4 doesn't work at all.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 doesn't work at all.

Postby Ordealofnick » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:40 pm

I downloaded this application on an older PC (still windows 10), two brand new built PC (Windows 10) and a Mac (macOs Mojave) and it doesn't work at all on any of the PCs, but it works fine on Mac.

Computer #1) I installed the software and plugged my guitar into the second input of my Behringer UMC204HD and set the settings to Windows Audio (Exclusive) and set the input to L: 2 R: 2. The sound works and sounds fine for about 30 seconds only to break out into a single, ear piercing tone until I either close the app or change the input settings. ASIO doesn't work on this.

Computer #2) On an older computer, but with some modern components and Windows 10, I managed to get a sound out of it, but there was probably a whole second of latency. I tried decreasing my buffer size, but it was already set at the lowest (256). I tried installing ASIO4ALL and that seemed to have broken it since it doesn't produce any sound at all anymore, regardless of if I pick Windows Audio or ASIO. Using the same interface and settings.

Computer #3) This was my friend's house, who has a free copy of Amplitube 4 (Full version). We tried to make it work with no luck. No matter what settings we use, it will not take any input into the amp, despite the DAW (Studio One) recognizing the input. After a few seconds of silence, it breaks into feedback, with Windows Audio (Exclusive) breaking right away into heavy feedback.

Computer #4) On the Mac, the software works perfectly fine both as standalone and as a plugin for Logic Pro X. I downloaded the software and installed it and voila.

I've done the same setup for all computers and for some reason it just does NOT work on windows at all. I have reached out to IK Multimedia only to be met with silence. What am I doing wrong on Windows that it does not work on three completely different systems? (Important to mention that I've done complete clean uninstalls multiple times on each systems)
This is the second time I'm having issues with IK Multimedia products and frankly I'm really annoyed and angry. I hope to have these issues fix or else I'll have to fight for a refund because I am NOT paying over 200$ for a broken product.
Ordealofnick

Re: Amplitube 4 doesn't work at all.

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello Ordealofnick and welcome to the forum.

Ordealofnick wrote:II have reached out to IK Multimedia only to be met with silence.

As per rule #1 of the rules and guidelines for forum use https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19505", when did you contact IK Support. Bear in mind that they do not generally answer tickets on a weekend and may take 1-2 business days to respond, dependent on the amount of traffic they are receiving. So, if you submitted the ticket on Friday night, you can potentially expect an answer by sometime tomorrow.

As per #2, please can you post your ticket number here so the relevant parties can check the status of your ticket.

I can appreciate the frustration that you're feeling because your product is currently non-functional on some of your PCs. Have you tried using the Behringer UMC204HD driver that is available on the product's webpage? The quick start guide for it does recommend you use their (upto date) driver and I would suggest that if you haven't tried this already, that might be a good next step.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Hello Ordealofnick and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have run into, but I can assure you that AmpliTube is not a broken products and is running OK on hundreds (thousands?) of PCs.

This is primarily a user to user forum so the best thing to do is continue with your Support Ticket for some one to one help. You can Reply to the Ticket at any time with more information or asking for a progress report. Support should be able to get you up and running.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Strangedaze » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:35 pm

I think I might be able to help, as I experienced the EXACT same behavior as you, right down to the Windows 10 vs. Mac behavior (perfect on Mac, nothing on Windows 10), as well as Windows Exclusive working for about 30 seconds before ear-piercing noise, and support were no help at all. They basically just said "oh you need to set up ASIO4ALL", I was clearly technically about 10 steps ahead of them, and they ended up just saying they'd replace my interface (iRig UA), even when it VERY CLEARLY was not a hardware problem (the interface worked with my mac, with another Windows machine, with Android, flawlessly).

The issue lies with ASIO4ALL, and I do not know exactly the problem, but it is some incompatibility with some Windows machines. Here is the workaround that (for whatever reason) works for me (assuming you already installed ASIO4ALL):
1. Install the trial version of FLStudio. The reason you need to do this (I think) is because FLStudio has its own version of ASIO that somehow "triggers" Windows to work. I only know this from dozens of hours of trial and error. The below steps ONLY worked when the trial version of FLStudio was installed; they did not work when FL wasn't there. You never even have to open the program if you don't want to - it's the background drivers that matter.
2. Plug in, set up, and open Amplitube. Go to MIDI settings. If your system is like mine, when you select ASIO, you STILL won't see your interface as an input (or output) at this point in time. If you open the "ASIO Panel", you may see your interface, but either input, output, or both will have some error message (something about another device using ASIO, even though it's clearly not). Don't worry - ignore it and move onwards.
3. Select Windows Exclusive Mode. No idea why, but this has to be done first. You should be able to hear sound for a bit (as per normal).
4. Then change to ASIO technology, then ASIO4ALL device. You should now be able to see and select your interface in the L/R channels of both input and output in the MIDI Settings.

The above works for me every time, and no other workaround I have found anywhere on the web works (and I'm a tech nerd, and I've done dozens of hours of reading, searching, tinkering, tweaking). And no suggestion from IK Multimedia's support worked either.

Note that there is also the option to select FL ASIO (or something like that) as a device. While this does also work, I actually find ASIO4ALL to be better sound quality and lower latency. But for whatever mystery reason, the FL driver has to be there in the background as well for the above to work.

Give it a shot and good luck. Also, IK -please look into the above and get your team up to date. There are several people reporting this ASIO4ALL incompatibility with Windows 10.

Thanks,
Chris
Strangedaze

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Hello Strangedaze1980 and welcome to the forum.

Well done for working that out. This is primarily a user to user forum and I am sure that it will help others. It would be great if you could pass this info onto IK Support (and to the ASIO4All developer).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby byron_dickens » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:35 am

It is generally acknowledged that ASIO4ALL is either the solution to your problems or the CAUSE of them.

If you have a real audio interface, it is always better to use a dedicated driver from the hardware manufacturer.
byron_dickens

Postby Strangedaze » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 am

Ok so I'm kind of clueless. If using Amplitube as standalone on Win 10, what is an example of a "dedicated driver from the manufacturer"?
Strangedaze

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:29 am

Strangedaze1980 wrote:Ok so I'm kind of clueless. If using Amplitube as standalone on Win 10, what is an example of a "dedicated driver from the manufacturer"?

A dedicated driver for your audio interface from the manufacturer, if available.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Strangedaze » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:39 am

So why doesn't IK make one for iRig on Windows? Surely you've been playing the game long enough to come up with something better than the truly awful ASIO4ALL.
Strangedaze

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:02 am

Strangedaze1980 wrote:So why doesn't IK make one for iRig on Windows? Surely you've been playing the game long enough to come up with something better than the truly awful ASIO4ALL.

iRig interfaces are mobile interfaces that also work on PC. ASIO4ALL works for the iRig (digital versions) line.

For our premium Mac/PC-only audio interface AXE I/O, there are specific Windows drivers.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chexom66 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:35 am

hey i was having this same issue all i ended up doig and it worked i picked the output device first and then everything else just showed up
chexom66

Postby markcowell23 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm

chexom66 wrote:hey i was having this same issue all i ended up doig and it worked i picked the output device first and then everything else just showed up

Hi @Chexom66 I have similar issue, But what you are saying didn't worked for me. can you please help me. It will be a great help buddy
Last edited by markcowell23 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markcowell23

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm

markcowell23 wrote:
chexom66 wrote:hey i was having this same issue all i ended up doig and it worked i picked the output device first and then everything else just showed up

Hi @Chexom66 I have similar issue, But what you are saying didn't worked for me. can you please help me. It will be a great help buddy

In that case, I'd recommend reaching out to IK Support for official assistance. I'm sure they can get your issue sorted out. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby markcowell23 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Thanks man
markcowell23

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling