Amplitube 4 automation in Pro Tools

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 automation in Pro Tools

Postby datkings » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 am

I am using AmpliTube 4.7.0 with Pro Tools 2018.7.0 on Windows 10. I can set up automation within the AmpliTube 4 plugin by choosing the DAW automation parameter # and assigning the selected AmpliTube 4 parameter...either by right clicking the parameter or using the AUTO button on the input/output bar. However, when I select the Plugin Automation Enable button in the Pro Tools plugin window nothing is listed under the AmpliTube 4 selection.

If I do the exact same procedure using AmpliTube 3 it works as expected.

How do I get automation to work for AmpliTube 4 in Pro Tools?
datkings

Re: Amplitube 4 automation in Pro Tools

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:56 am

Once you have selected the parameter # and AT4 parameter you may need to save your DAW project and re-open it, to get the DAW to read the parameter names.

If not, then as this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby datkings » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:09 am

Thank-you DarkStar.

I tried setting up the automation in AmpliTube 4 and closing and re-opening as you suggested but that didn't work either. I have opened a support ticket and will see what assistance IK can provide.
datkings

Postby frugihoyi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:51 pm

I don't know if it's because everyone who writes these automation directions is using another version of Pro Tools than me (and all the other people saying "it just doesn't work") or what, but THERE IS A STEP MISSING from these directions. After you add the parameters you want to change via the AUTO button on Amplitube, you have to right-click the Amplitube plugin in the track in question in Pro Tools and choose "Automation Dialog." There you can see the parameter and add it to the list on the right side. Click Ok and voilà, you can click on the "Playlists/Waveform/whatever you currently have selected" button, choose the parameter and draw it in. Or you know, use the Write function and do it intuitively during playback if that's what floats your boat.

To summarize:

• Open the Amplitube plugin, click AUTO (all the way on the bottom right), find the parameter you want to change and add it to the list on the right.
    OR to do it in a simpler way:
  • Right-click the parameter you want to change, Assign Automation and put it in one of the parameters
    Whatever you chose above, you can now proceed as follows:
  • Right-click the Amplitube plugin in the track in question in Pro Tools and choose "Automation Dialog." There you can see the parameter and add it to the list on the right side. Click Ok.
  • Voilà, you can now click on the "Playlists/Waveform/whatever you currently have selected" button, choose the parameter and draw it in. Or you know, use the Write function and do it intuitively during playback if that's what floats your boat.
frugihoyi

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling