On the Surface?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

On the Surface?

Postby edmundtownes » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 am

Do any of you have any experience running Amplitube 4 on a Microsoft Surface Go?

One of the biggest reasons I chose Amplitube over Bias or the Helix was the Leslie/Rotary cabinet. I can get kinda close with the Univibe pedal — assigning the expression pedal to rate, but..... that’s not what I want. I also don’t want to go on stage with a laptop. Tablets are perfect, but Amplitube iOS is mono out AND it doesn’t have a Leslie cabinet.

Even though this is something I’d love to have, spending $1000 on a computer just for Amplitube is a bit too rich, so the Surface Pro isn’t an option.

What are your thoughts?
edmundtownes

Re: On the Surface?

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

If you would like, you can try this out on your set up for free using AmpliTube 4 CS (Custom Shop). This is a free download in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/).

Once downloaded, select the Leslie gear inside AmpliTube you want to hear. This will result in a message asking if you want to TRY or BUY this gear. Select TRY and the Custom Shop will open, make sure to select TRY in the Custom Shop, then keep the Custom Shop open to access your trial gear. This should help you try out if the Leslie Collection in AmpliTube will work for you on your system.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: On the Surface?

Postby edmundtownes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, Ryan. Currently, I’m running Amplitube 4 in Widows 10. I use and love the rotary and Leslie cabinets. I’m really asking about the experience of using Amplitube 4 on the Surface Go versus on a desktop PC.
edmundtownes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling