Now Available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Now Available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Edit November 20, 2018: NOW AVAILABLE! Also, introductory pricing extended!

Introducing Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

Featuring models of the gear used on Pantera’s classic album, Cowboys From Hell

Introducing the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube. This new collection features models of the exact gear used by “Dimebag” Darrell Lance Abbott on Pantera’s groundbreaking album Cowboys From Hell. Mac/PC users can enjoy nine brand new models including two amps, two cabinets and five stompboxes.

Dimebag is considered one of the most influential guitarists of all time and a legendary, genre defining musician. IK Multimedia worked with Dime’s long-time guitar tech and right hand man, Grady Champion, to precisely model all of Dime’s guitar tones from the album utilizing all the personal guitar effects, amplifiers and cabinets he used while recording Cowboys From Hell. Available in a convenient desktop app and DAW plug-in, guitarists can now play and record using the same gear and settings Dime did.

Inside the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection

The collection features models that precisely mirror the rig Dime used to record Cowboys From Hell. This includes a meticulously modeled reproduction of the highly coveted Randall® RG 100ES Amplifier, a completely re-modeled 1986 Roland® JC-120 stereo combo amp, and all the pedals Dime used.

Five Stompboxes:

6-Band EQ, six-band graphic EQ based on a unit by MXR®; used to shape and boost sound before the amp.

Pre EQ 3, three-Band Parametric EQ based on the Furman® PQ-3; offers great flexibility for sound shaping.

Flanger Doubler, based on an MXR® Flanger Doubler, offering two effects in one. Primarily used by Dime in “doubler mode” to thicken in his overall tone.

Dime Wah, based on the Dunlop® Cry Baby® GCB95. Modeled with precise attention to Dime’s lead tones.

Dime Noise Gate, fast and very responsive; based on the Rocktron® Hush IIB model.

Two Amplifiers:
Darrell From Hell 100, modeled to meticulously mirror the highly coveted Randall® RG 100ES solid-state, 120 watt amplifier. The sound and tone of this amp became famous when Dime started using it in the early Pantera days.
Jazz Amp 120CFH, based on the 1986 Roland JC120®, this stereo amp was used on the song Cemetery Gates. Fine-tuned to match the exact tone heard on the album.

Two Cabinets:
Darrell From Hell 412, based on the Randall® 412JB; the perfect companion to the Darrell From Hell 100 amplifier.

JP Jazz CFH, the stereo cabinet section of the Roland JC120® combo that features 2x12-inch speakers.

A master of tone
Dime’s tone was so unique…you automatically knew it was him as soon as he strapped on his guitar and hit that first note --Grady Champion

Grady Champion, friend and guitar technician for Dimebag Darrell, also adds: “What a lucky guy I was to know him. He was my friend first and took me on a ride I’ll never forget. I owe him everything. I am very fortunate to be included in this project and help create the Dimebag Darrell Cowboys From Hell version of AmpliTube. Can’t wait for you all to hear it.”

Pantera bandmate Philip Anselmo adds, “Dime was as brutally hilarious as was his playing lethal. During extreme writing sessions, it was his sense of humor that made the intensity of those moments that much more endurable. Like Vince, Dime was a perfectionist in the studio and in a live setting, so his comedic styling benefitted all involved – the band, crew & audience. He was one in a zillion and his methodology lives on with every studio endeavor or tour I do. Bless his memory.”

Options, Pricing and availability

The Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection runs inside AmpliTube Custom Shop, a free download available to all. The Collection can be preordered via IK’s online store, inside the Custom Shop, or from IK-authorized retailers before November 1, 2018, for a special price of $/€79.99*, or for the regular price of $/€99.99* after November 1, 2018. Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube is expected to be available November 2018.

For more information visit www.ikmultimedia.com/products/dimebag/

For more information about Dimebag Darrell, visit www.dimebagdarrell.com
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Introducing Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

Postby ikillintel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:56 am

ikillintel

Postby jjguitar » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Great !
Is it possible to pre order with credits or to use jam points ?
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby beskow » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Will the updated JC-120 be available separately in the Custom Shop?

/Bjorn
beskow

Postby ikillintel » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:16 am

jjguitar wrote:Great !
Is it possible to pre order with credits or to use jam points ?

I know we can pre order with Jam Points, I don't see why you couldn't pre-order with credits in Custom Shop.
ikillintel

Postby jjguitar » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:48 pm

I don't see why you couldn't pre-order with credits in Custom Shop.

I don´t see any " use credits" button in custom shop at Dimebag Darrel CFH Collection
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 pm

The preorder is not available via Gear Credits.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jjguitar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Will it be available after official release via gear credits ?
jjguitar

Postby ikillintel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:39 am

I don´t see any " use credits" button in custom shop at Dimebag Darrel CFH Collection

:oops:
Been awhile since I purchased anything with gear credits.. didn't know they were selective with payment method for certain software purchases :o .
ikillintel

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 am

Gear Credits were originally created for a la carte single gear purchases in AmpliTube but expanded to include some collections and even T-RackS a la carte gear by popular demand.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jjguitar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:25 pm

jjguitar wrote:Will it be available after official release via gear credits ?

:?:
jjguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:29 pm

I don't have any official word on that at this time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Nice to see some new toys coming to Amplitube! As with the Slash collection, I'd say one doesn't have to be a raging Dimebag fan to find some useful gear in here. I've definitely got my eye on a few pieces for when they (I hope) break out into the Custom Shop.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby puranon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:51 pm

What mods are being done to the stock JC-120?
puranon

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm

puranon wrote:What mods are being done to the stock JC-120?

While that is not information we can release, we can say this was Dime's own JC-120 so the tones you can get should be close to exactly what you hear on the album CFH :D
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling