Custom Shop 1.8.0 not working with v4.7

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop 1.8.0 not working with v4.7

Postby davecohrs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Ok, I have been a long time Amplitube user (on MacOS) but am once again having some issues. Some general criticisms:

1) There needs to be a simple About Amplitube in the menu that allows a user to easily check their version number and serial number. Presently the only way to do this is Get Info on the application in Finder and look up your serial number through IK (and keep it written down). This is annoying.

2) I have v4.7 and Custom Shop 1.8.0. EVERY time I launch Custom Shop it tells me to download the new version. I have reinstalled the latest versions of Amplitube and Custom Shop to no avail. I simply can't use Custom Shop right now. I always keep my computer up to date.

3) Why not just integrate Custom Shop into the main application? I don't often shop new gear, but on the occasion I do, there always seems to be some version updating to be done before I can shop. Annoying.

I am glad to see all the new models and expansion, but my utility for this app is waning. Contacting customer support via the IK website is very convoluted. That is very offputting. If someone can help me get Amplitube 4.7 working the way it should with Custom Shop, that'd be very appreciated.

Thanks.
davecohrs

Re: Custom Shop 1.8.0 not working with v4.7

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Hey davecohrs,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of your troubles with AmpliTube.

We appreciate your feedback on the support system, but please note, this is a user-to-user discussion forum and not direct technical support. Please for the fastest possible resolution report any issues to IK Multimedia technical support using the link below. They should be able to get you working quickly.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

I will do my best to help answer what I can in the meantime.

1) All IK Multimedia product serial numbers can be found in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/). To find your AmpliTube version number, use the 'INFO' button in the lower left hand corner.

Note - Inside AmpliTube the LOCK icon can also be used to quickly find your serial number. This will open the Authorization Manager and display the serial currently used.

2) Make sure to check this topic with support. The Custom Shop should be fully operational with AmpliTube version 4.7. I would suggest checking for any shortcuts to Custom Shop which may be older when reinstalling.

3) At this time, the Custom Shop is offered for SampleTank, T-RackS, and AmpliTube. We do however greatly appreciate your interest here and I will be more than happy to pass this feedback along to the correct persons.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby davecohrs » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 am

Thanks for the help!
davecohrs

Postby felipecouto75 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 am

How do you solve the issue?

Same problem here.
felipecouto75

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 am

felipecouto75 wrote:How do you solve the issue?

Same problem here.

If the suggestions from Ryan_IK above do not help you, please open a ticket with IK Support for direct assistance. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davecohrs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:36 am

Well, I was able to try a new amp so Custom Shop is working again. I did not get any dialog boxes saying I needed to upgrade. The only thing that has changed for me is upgrading to Mojave 10.14.
davecohrs

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling