Playing Amplitube and YouTube through same headphones?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Playing Amplitube and YouTube through same headphones?

Postby drmikehunt » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:16 am

I've tried doing this with just Windows Audio and ASIO4ALL and it doesn't work (only AmpliTube plays).

If I get an interface with its own ASIO driver, will that allow me to do both via the same headphones at the same time?
drmikehunt

Re: Playing Amplitube and YouTube through same headphones?

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please check with IK Multimedia support for a solution here.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby drmikehunt » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:59 pm

I managed to figure it out myself, two options (I did #2 because #1 uses up too much of my cpu/ram that I need for work):

1) Run Amplitube in a Windows virtual machine.

2) Install Amplitube on another PC and then use two external USB sound adaptors (one on each PC) and a 3.5mm jack to jack cable (adaptor A speaker out -> adaptor B microphone in) to send audio to the other PC with minimal latency. Use TeamViewer to manage Amplitube on other computer.
drmikehunt

Postby Loonatick1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:52 am

Just install Voicemeeter. It will let you route your audio and select/use whatever audio devices you have at the same time and in whatever configuration fits u.

E.G: I'm able to play whatever video source (youtube, netflix etc), have discord or skype running and use amplitube at the same time. I use my USB audio device as input 1 and my mic as input 2.

It will also make you able to broadcast your Amplitube live into ur discord/skype session.

U'll need to config Amplitube to use voicemeeter as an input but if you need any help on it feel free to send me a PM any time. I can't imagine that the lions share of Ampli users aren't looking for a solution like this and if that is so I'll write an easy tutorial to set it up.

It is a free piece of software and if you download it be sure to pick the 'Voicemeeter Banana' version since it gives you more 'audio tracks' then the basic version. Both of em are free.

The other solution is a bit of a workaround and I reckon for someone to run a VM plus Ampli and all the other things the person has got running it's quite system demanding.

I'm not in any way connected to Voicemeeter but after I found out about it I was quite bloody happy I did.
Loonatick1

Postby drmikehunt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Wow, this is amazing, thanks!

I think I managed to get it somewhat working, just got to figure out how to get background music not to go through Amplitube and remove the 12dB volume limit.
drmikehunt

Postby Loonatick1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 pm

drmikehunt wrote:Wow, this is amazing, thanks!

I think I managed to get it somewhat working, just got to figure out how to get background music not to go through Amplitube and remove the 12dB volume limit.

There is 2 virtual inputs.

Voicemeeter vaio
Voicemeeter Aux

Now select one for your everything but Amplitube and the other for only Ampli.

Loonatick1

Postby Loonatick1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 pm

drmikehunt wrote:Wow, this is amazing, thanks!

Have you managed to get it up and working?
Loonatick1

Postby SnoBear » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Would love to see a tutorial on getting this set up properly.
Thanks
SnoBear

Postby Loonatick1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:56 am

SnoBear wrote:Would love to see a tutorial on getting this set up properly.
Thanks

I'm sorry for the slow reply mate. Seems the IK forum notifications got filtered as spam by bloody Gmail. Ironically enough they don't seem to have a problem to let actual spam end up in my normal inbox :p

Anyways, on topic!

I'll make a detailed/step by step tutorial on how to get rid of the ASIO4ALL "jail" that denies u multiple audio sources/outputs next saturday.

Have u tried to get it up and running by urself yet? And if so what are the problems ur having? I'm merely asking so I have an idea what the common difficulties are when it comes to config Voicemeeter

Cheers!
Loonatick1

Postby SnoBear » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:18 am

I did get it to work, but it's not stable. Use it with Amplitube 4 and Youtube or another video source and 15 minutes or so, Voicemeeter looses the connection. Restart the audio engine and it reconnects, for a while.
Also, on a reboot, sometimes the is no audio and I have to start redoing setting in Amplitube and / or Voicemeeter. Very flaky ... Would like to see a dedicated ASIO driver for Amplitube / Stomp I/O.

Lenova laptop, I5 processor, 6 gig of ram, plenty of hard disk space, Windows 10 Home ver 1803.

I'm just a bedroom guitarist, so it's not like my career depends on it, but I seem to spend more futzing with the software(s) than trying to learn.

Thanks for any assistance.
SnoBear

Postby Loonatick1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:24 pm

SnoBear wrote:I did get it to work, but it's not stable. Use it with Amplitube 4 and Youtube or another video source and 15 minutes or so, Voicemeeter looses the connection. Restart the audio engine and it reconnects, for a while.
Also, on a reboot, sometimes the is no audio and I have to start redoing setting in Amplitube and / or Voicemeeter. Very flaky ... Would like to see a dedicated ASIO driver for Amplitube / Stomp I/O.

Lenova laptop, I5 processor, 6 gig of ram, plenty of hard disk space, Windows 10 Home ver 1803.

I'm just a bedroom guitarist, so it's not like my career depends on it, but I seem to spend more futzing with the software(s) than trying to learn.

Thanks for any assistance.

I made a tutorial based on 'my mom has to be able understand this' I have spend about an hour or 2 on writing, adding pictures and trying to cover all the things I thought a person could run into whilst working with VoiceMeeter.

Went out later that eve and when I came back home I found most of my electronic devices including my laptop, fried to due to lightning. Big thanks to my landlord (poor wiring) and the **** next door with the big antenna on his roof.

Anyways! If ur still looking for some help do not hesitate do send me a PM with ur skype/discord or whatever kinda voice chat info. I'd be happy to help u out but I hope u do understand I'm not jumping up and down filled with motivation to rewrite the whole thing at this moment.
Loonatick1

Postby SnoBear » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Sorry to hear of the damage. Lightning can be a very unfunny thing. At least no one was hurt ...
SnoBear

Postby C_berg1980 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:48 pm

could one of you assist me on getting voicemeeter set up properly? I have tried for two days to get it to work. I am using the iRig Stomp I/O as the interface and I'm on a Windows 10 PC. Any assistance with this issue would be very much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Cody
C_berg1980

Postby SnoBear » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 pm

I struggled for a long time and still do, if some thing gets out of whack for whatever reason.

Firs, you need to install Asio4all. Then in Voicemeter, set Hardware out to KS:IrigstompIO.
Get that working with Youtube or some other audio input.(Voicemeter Aux virtual input).
Then in Amplitube 4 Audio Midi setup
Technology ASIO
Input Device ASIO4All V2
Left Channel Irig stomp IO1
Right Channel Irig stomp IO2

Output device ASIO4All V2
Left channel Voicemeter VAIO 1
Right channel Voicemeter VAIO 1

Buffer size 128
Midi input Midiin2 (Irig Stomp io)

You may have to play with buffer size depending ...
Select Voicemeter input Aux on the little speaker icon in the Windows tray.

Best of luck and let us know.

Brad Phillips
SnoBear

Postby C_berg1980 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:31 am

Brad Phillips, thank you for taking the time to respond. I have everything set up as per instruction. I have the youtube backing tracks playing. Input Level is registering and so is the output level in Amplitube, however; no sound from speakers. In your instructions you say "Select Voicemeter input Aux on the little speaker icon in the Windows tray." i'm not sure what you mean by little speaker icon in windows tray? What should my default devices be set to sir? Thank you again for helping this has become a headache for me. Your instructions have been helpful as this is the farthest I have come to succeeding in this task.

Respectfully,

Cody
C_berg1980

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling