Suggestion for Good Overdrive Pedal/Fender Collection

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Suggestion for Good Overdrive Pedal/Fender Collection

Postby jah41961 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Good morning... can anybody suggest a good overdrive pedal from the Custom Shop that will compliment my Fender Collection amp bundle? Thanks in advance.
jah41961

Re: Suggestion for Good Overdrive Pedal/Fender Collection

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Overscream (Tube Screamer emulation) or the Fulltone OCD.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jah41961 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks! Will check both out!!
jah41961

Postby ramuji » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:39 am

Peter_IK wrote:Overscream (Tube Screamer emulation) or the Fulltone OCD.

These are both fine pedals, but the OCD gives a bit more drive than I generally like. Definitely check out the Overscream. There’s a good chance it will be all you need, and for not a lot of money.

But, my favorite overdrive is the T. Rex Moller. The original is an overdrive clone, with some additional features. It has a clean boost, but unfortunately the Amplitube version doesn’t work like the original. (The drive and boost can’t be switched on/off separately.) I really like it for the “mix” knob for adjusting the amount of wet/dry signal.

Also check out the Fender Blender, included with the Fender Collection. It’s not my cup of tea, but certainly a unique effect.
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby carlaz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 pm

+1 for the T- Rex Møller stomp model, which is basically a TS-type circuit alongside a clean boost. Thus, it's not unlike the Overscream, but it has a slightly different feel. As noted, it's too bad you can't switch the drive and boost on/off separately, but the mix feature is useful.

The OCD is quite a different beast, with much more potential gain and low-end. So if the Overscream or Møller aren't doing it for you, try the OCD. After all: you can trial stuff from the Custom Shop for free, so there's no harm in switching on trials for all of these and seeing which you like best.

You might also consider the Overdrive stomp model, which is based on a Boss SD-1. I haven't had much use for it myself, but it might work for what you want. It's an older model, but no worse than the Overscream (the Møller is a little bit newer, and the OCD much newer). The PROdrive is another older stomp model; based on the Pro Co RAT, it could easily be a bit much for what you want, but at less extreme settings it could just possibly do something useful for you. I sometimes kind of wish that IKM would add something like a BK Butler Tube Driver, just for more flavors in the overdrive stomp department. (Of course, I also live in hope of some treble boosters, but those are more likely to be useful with Marshally/Britishy types of amps than they are with Fenders.)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Shaun Solo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 am

Overdrive all the way to tonesville. I used to own 2 which I paired together to give just that extra umf and bite to my peavey 5150, (I’m sure you’re thinking, “why in the gods of tone would you need more dist./fuzz with a 5150!?”) Tone chasing, i tune them different from each other so both setups are similar only and can be used separately. This is a meticulous frame of mind and long, journey where there is no end. The tone of this pedal is replicated very well. It’s a simple stomp box where if one of your dials is out of whack you’ll know. THE SOUND QUALITY IS AMAZING. IKM nailed it. Kudos. I will now try out the overscream with overdrive and see which hole the rabbit went.
Shaun Solo

Postby raul.patino » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:47 am

Hi!

I'm new in this so I see differences between the CustomShop using my MAC and the SHOP in my iPhone. I wanna purchase the overscream for my iPhone usage but I cannot find it, instead I find the OVERDRIVE (which is green too), so my question is: Is it the same? Is there any Custom Shop for iPhone where I can find the same gear as on my MAC's?

Thanks a bunch!
raul.patino

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling