Authorization Manager Not Opening? Please Help! [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Authorization Manager Not Opening? Please Help! [Resolved]

Postby jah41961 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:49 pm

Hello, I am new to Amplitube. I bought the Fender Collection for my new Mac desktop. I downloaded the Authorization Manager and I either can't figure out how to register my software or it won't open for some unknown reason. Can anybody advise me please. Thanks in advance, John
jah41961

Re: Authorization Manager Not Opening? Please Help!

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Hello jah41961 and welcome to the forum.

What have you done so far? And exactly what problem did you run into?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jah41961 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks Darkstar... I simply opened the email that is sent after paying for the Fender Collection software. Then I clicked the link to download the Authorization Manager. It loaded and I followed all the prompts to get it to appear on my desktop. I can't figure out how to register or authorize my software purchase. The Auth Manager just sits idly on my desktop. I double click o it and it just wants to reload. I did create a ticket through customer service. Will gladly share anything I find out...
jah41961

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:30 pm

jah41961 wrote:Thanks Darkstar... I simply opened the email that is sent after paying for the Fender Collection software. Then I clicked the link to download the Authorization Manager. It loaded and I followed all the prompts to get it to appear on my desktop. I can't figure out how to register or authorize my software purchase. The Auth Manager just sits idly on my desktop. I double click o it and it just wants to reload. I did create a ticket through customer service. Will gladly share anything I find out...

Instead of using a desktop shortcut have you tried the one in your Applications folder? Might just be a matter of a corrupted desktop shortcut.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jah41961 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:49 pm

That did it. I opened it up through the Applications window and I authorized the product. The only problem is that I thought I bought the Fender Collection and AmpliTube 4 and Custom Shop showed up in my Applications folder. Where is my Fender Collection?
jah41961

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:51 pm

The Fender Collection is a bundle of gear models that are loaded in AmpliTube. It is not a separate program.

Install AmpliTube and the Custom Shop. Use the Authorization Manager to authorize AmpliTube and your Fender Collection (the Serial Numbers should be in your User area/ My Products section. Start the Custom Shop program, log in and select Gear >> "Restore My Gear"
- that should make those gear models available.

Close both programs, Start AmpliTube (standalone or as a plug-in in a DAW) and check to see what gear you have available to you.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jah41961 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks Darkstar... I am able to test out my Fender Collection amp bundle.
jah41961

Re: Authorization Manager Not Opening? Please Help! [Resolve

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 am

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling