Help with Input Device

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Help with Input Device

Postby williammax » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Gents, I need help. I have Amplitube 4 installed and I also have ASIO4ALL v2 installed on my computer. I want to plug my guitar in my computer and play it through Amplitube 4, I have been able to do that some months ago (I had to format my computer and after that life took me away from guitar from a time and because of that I didn't re-acquired Amplitube and ASIO, until now.). Now, when I open Amplitube Audio MIDI Setup I see the following

Technology : ASiO

INput Device - ASiO4ALL v2 Left CHannel : Not Connected (THis is my problem) Right Channel : Not COnnected ( Also my problem)

Output device : ASiO4ALL v2 Left Channel : High Definition Audio 1 Right Channel : Hih Definition Audio 2 Buffer Size 512 Panel...

MIDI Input - Blank / No Choices

My doubt would be related to this Input Devices not being connected . I've went trough hell and back fiddling with everything I could find related to audio and audio settings to no sucess. I'm connecting the L shaped end of the guitar cable on the back of my computer in a Pink Hole and even changing it to the Green/Blue one doesn't help much either. Thanks in advance for any help provided!
williammax

Re: Help with Input Device

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:36 pm

It sounds like you are trying to plug your guitar directly into your computer. For good results, you'd want to use an audio interface since guitars require a Hi-Z/instrument input due to the impedance (a guitar is not providing a line-level input which is what an onboard sound card would expect).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Topic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Degutis wrote:
Re: Help with Input Device
[Mod Edit: Suspicious link removed from post, it was not in the quoted post]
It sounds like you are trying to plug your guitar directly into your computer. For good results, you'd want to use an audio interface since guitars require a Hi-Z/instrument input due to the impedance (a guitar is not providing a line-level input which is what an onboard sound card would expect).

I've been thinking about the audio interface with two Hi-Z inputs? Does it actually matter? I've checked the threads on the GearPage, but there was no exact answer.
Thanks.

Yes, a Hi-Z/Instrument input makes a huge difference in the tone you can get from software. Our AXE I/O audio interface kicks this up a notch with the Z-Tone and other controls that really allow you to get a great guitar tone. The signal that goes into the computer is VERY important to the results that come out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling