If i buy individual gear for now but later decide to all...

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

If i buy individual gear for now but later decide to all...

Postby Schaine » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello everyone!

Ive been trying out Amplitube 4 for a few days now and have been enjoying it a lot. I love the custom shop feature, because it allows me to buy only the gear I own in real life for now to replicate that at home.

However, before deciding to buy all these things, I have a few questions:

1. If i spend around 50-100€ on gear, but later decide I want to upgrade to the complete version to have everything, will i get a discount for the already owned gear? Some other online shops do this considering I would basically be buying those pieces twice.

2. In real life i own a Quilter Mini Head 101. Its a very good clean solid state amp head and the main setting on it emulates a blackface fender from the 60s (but somehow its a lot more bassy). So far the closest amp I could find was the American Vintage D, but I thought I would use this opportunity to ask some of you what you would suggest. Maybe some of you own the quilter or played it before and can compare it to an amp? Fender is the right direction, but the Twin Reverb 65 is too trebly. The Vintage D is in the right ballpark, but it doesn't sound as well made as the original fender models, so maybe there is something else that is of higher quality? Not saying the Vintage D is bad, but I feel like Amplitube has better dynamics and feel on other amps.

Im trying to get my amplitube sound to be as close as possible to my real setup.

Thank you for helping me with either question!

Have a good evening!
Schaine

Re: If i buy individual gear for now but later decide to all

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Hello Schaine and welcome to the forum.

As far as I know there is no individual discount for already- owned gear models. But the bundles are much better value and you could us any JamPoints too (up to 30% of the price).

Also, keep an eye open for special offers / sales etc
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: If i buy individual gear for now but later decide to all

Postby carlaz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm

What DarkStar said.

Basically, if you have individually bought all the models that come in a bundle except one, and then you buy the bundle, you pay whatever the bundle costs, and you get the one piece of gear that you don't already have. Understandably, it would be nice if things were different -- but that's how they are. Keep an eye on special deals.

Also, you are surely right about the Vintage D model being not quite up where the more recent the Fender models are. The Vintage D was originally released quite a long time ago now, while the Fender bundles are much more recent. Modelling and technology have moved along significantly in recent years, and certainly since the days of Amplitube 2, etc. As you note, older models like the Vintage D are not bad and certainly still usable, but (IMO, at least) one can hear the difference in comparison with the more recent models.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling